SASS Wire Forum

Question on Beavertail forend for SKB/Ithaca SxS Shotgun

Dead_Head

I bought a Model 100 SKB/Ithaca SxS shotgun and want to buy (or trade the small forend for) a larger beavertail forend since I mostly shoot black powder loads and the barrel can get hot quickly.

Question:  What SKB models come with a beavertail forend that fits the Model 100 so I know what to look for?  Model 150?  Model 200?  Are there any other SKB models that their forends fit the Model 100?

I use a slip on cover like this if you have a thin/splinter style forearm.

image.jpeg.769bf4b81d1a7442187cceefb370faeb.jpeg

Caladisi Kid,  Where did you find that?

• Dead_Head changed the title to Question on Beavertail forend for SKB/Ithaca SxS Shotgun

Be aware that if you switch you will need the entire fore end, not just the wood.  The fore end iron for the splinter and the beaver tail are completely different.  The 100, 150 and 200 all came with splinter or beavertail and should interchange but may required some fitting by someone familiar with SKBs.

New beavertail forearms are available from SKB.  These are checkered and finished and they will fit to you gun if you send them the entire gun.  As stated, you will need some new forearm iron parts as well.  Hope this helps.

Don Fordyce aka Klickitat Bob makes really nice barrel guards.  Some fancy tooling if desired.

Often vends with Palo Verde at Winter Range/EOT.

1 hour ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Don Fordyce aka Klickitat Bob makes really nice barrel guards.  Some fancy tooling if desired.

Does he have a website or do you have contact information for him?

1 hour ago, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

Not that I am aware of but I did PM you his e-address that I last used.

9 hours ago, Snakebite Dust SASS 75484 said:

And at Bordertown. He will be there this October. 

• 2 months later...

I have 3 SKB's and they are all beaver tail's. One of them when purchased had the "English" stock and dear ol Goatneck when I sent it to him to be tricked up, put a beaver tail on it. I dont remember whether he had one laying around or we just did a trade or something, but I know some work was definitely needed for it to fit properly. I saw a post recently here where the lug under the barrels that the forend attaches to fell off and the gentleman used JB weld and it's held up for years. That happened to me twice and it was  the same SG we added the beaver tail to. I would be reluctant to change the forend's out again. Just me.

I would go with using a slip on or trying to find a beaver tail factory gun.

On 5/21/2022 at 10:16 AM, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

And Bordertown. 

I have a couple of his for my SKB 100’s and they work just fine!

TTB

Archived