SASS Wire Forum

Butterfly Effect, Chaos Theory and the big wind powered generators

I drive by the wind generators on the Arbuckle Mountains south of OKC from time to time.  Got to wondering, each generator steals a certain amount of energy from the wind and converts it to electricity.  Just wondering if you added up all the stolen energy, would it be enough to cause some sort of climate change?

Probably  a stupid question, just something I’ve been pondering on lately.

im not against wind energy and yes ill stick my toing n my cheek for a moment to say i hope it doesnt cause climate to change ...........................but im against the taxes supporting this industry - if it cant prove itself viable on its own it deserves to die [be calm] whatever , if we dont get enough power - it should go back to R&D till we do , 

I think it was Denmark (I think it was Denmark!)

(one of those Scandinavian countries anyway)

that found wind mills could only supply about 17 percent of their needs.

Sadly, I don't recall the source for this statistic.

Considering their toll on avians, I'm not in favor of the rotating blade pattern: can't help but think there are other designs with less of a negative impact, both aesthetically and in terms of dead raptors!

On the other hand I'm just a poor dumb hillbilly, so what do I know!

12 hours ago, Pulp, SASS#28319 said:

Probably  a stupid question, just something I’ve been pondering on lately.

58143952.jpg.fd607046b96220bdb60bc0c713993365.jpg

:P

For some reason I am picturing a bunch of stoned college students discussing “The Butterfly Effect” and how butterflies in Asia are creating the wind that drives the wind turbines in Oklahoma and feeling all happy with themselves then one of them brings up bird deaths and the coming infestation of locusts decimating the vegan crops they all survive on and then them getting ready for the protest of the beautiful but lowly butterfly…

Yes, it’s all one sentence. I said they were “stoned”. That’s how stoned people communicate. Long drawn out noise…

Archived