SASS Wire Forum

WTB early line-for-line reproduction

of the Remington Model 95 "double deringer".

I recall seeing some chambered for .32 or .38 calibers before they started "muscle-ing them up" with huge frames and grips, over-sized sights, cross bolt safeties, and the bulk and weight of a S&W Model 36.  I can't get enthused over the new ones.

They were originally the exact size and shape of the original Model 95, and if memory serves me (which sometimes it doesn't) was pretty good quality in both materials and workmanship.

Looking to buy or trade to get one in good condition.

Probably thinking about the Uberti. Don't think it's been made in years. I also have had a couple of German ones, a 38 and a 22 mag, that were fairly close. Good luck in your search. Here is an early Gregorelli and Uberti to pique your thoughts.image.thumb.jpeg.7fbfc2a429646abdca24c823768329b4.jpeg

40 Rod,

I hav a Great Western chambered in 38 S&W but I have seen them in 38 Special. They are the closest I have seen to the original Remingtons. Made in the 1960’s probably. Not common but they turn up from time to time. BTW there is a German made Hawes Western Marshal Deringer nickel plated one in 357 Magnum on Gun Broker right now that looks pretty authentic.

trvlr

Archived