SASS Wire Forum

I have set myself a goal

To get more than 5 hour’s sleep tonight. Wish me luck!.

Guten nacht.

25 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I may not be so lucky.  Our HVAC died a catastrophic death and the new one won't be installed until 5/30.  And it's still over 80 degrees.  I don't cope so well with the heat.

That is one reason why I bought a window unit as a backup. One, in case the central ac went out. Two, in the event of a hurricane or long power outage, my generator can handle the window ac (along with lights/fridge/fans) but not the central ac. It's enough to cool a room down nicely and make the rooms nearest it cool also.

26 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

To get more than 5 hour’s sleep tonight. Wish me luck!.

Guten nacht.

Good luck. I can't remember the last time I got 5 hour's of solid sleep.

i hope you do , 

tgat said i can get about two between trips to the loo , but i do get at least six in total , id rather be early on both ends but it seems to not work well , i find myself late on both ends instead , i hate counting the irregularities in the ceiling texture - like to fall directly off to sleep . late works 

Before retiring, I worked 12 hrs +, sometimes 16 to 18 hrs on assignments. I got use to 5 hours sleep. We go to bed around 11-11:30 and I'm up usually around 3:45-4AM like clock work since. But I feel great and my body has adjusted. I'm usually sound asleep according to my wife within 5 minutes and wake up in same position I laid down in.

I agree with getting an emergency AC in case the main goes out. Same here on Generator will handle everything except the main AC/Heat and the water Heater.

I take 3 ibuprofen PM and have a cup of “Sleepy Time” tea about an hour before going to bed. It helps me sleep around 6 to 6 1/2 hours. 

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Glass of wine will do the trick as well.

That only helps with the initial drop off. I don’t have and difficulty with falling asleep. It’s the staying asleep that’s the problem.

9 hours ago, Tyrel Cody said:

Consecutive? 

What's that even like?

Wish you luck.

So you get up 3-4 times a night too???:P

3 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I have a "WARNING bladder full" alarm that wakes me about every 2 1/2 hours ........   :huh:

Bingo!!! Same here!

I do have A/C, but I first encountered ceiling fans on our Honeymoon nearly 40 years ago.  Every house since then has had one in the bedroom.  I recommend them to everyone.  You will not believe the difference.  Current house has 3, and it is easy to cool the whole house without the A/C except when it gets really hot.  BTW they are easy to install if the bedroom has a ceiling light fixture, and they are inexpensive.

If you're up a lot on PEE Parade, talk to your Doctor about Tamsulosin HCL CR (FlowMax)

After the radiation for prostate cancer and the seed implants, it helped me sleep through the night with out having to get up every hour or so.

I wake up several times per night, but luckily I have no problem falling back to sleep. That wasn't always so when I was still working for a living, though. Now, I don't have much to worry over or think about, so return to sleep has become easy.

Archived