SASS Wire Forum

Start with Boogie Woogie!

Thanks @Lawdog Dago Dom:D

Love that music! :)

My Dad took piano lessons as a kid. Much to my Nanny’s (grandmother) chagrine he came away with a talent for playing Boogie Woogie and not much else. :lol:

Welp, since it’s Saturday Night and the thread’s still rockin’, one more Refreshments tune won’t hurt.

If you find Sweet Little Lisa on a jukebox in the US, it’s likely Dave Edmunds w/Albert Lee. In Europe, it’ll be Albert Lee and the Refreshments. Our piano man is still pounding it out 

4 minutes ago, Slewfoot said:

Wow. There’s nothing missing to the ear, it’s like the upright bass is there, only it’s not. 
Who is the Dad? Tell me someone that good isn’t a stock broker by day and he’s just helping his daughter out at her drum recital.

Martin Pyrker is the name of the dad.  He's an Austrian Blues/Boogie Woogie piano player with quite a name in the area.  His daughter Sabine Pyrker is the drummer.  She's quite talented.  Both are professional musicians.

Jools Holland with Imelda May for the first clip

and with Tom Jones and Rhiannon Giddens for the second clip

Jools Holland is an England based musician does a lot of boogie woogie and many famous musicians can be found performing with Jools on his tv show and annual New Year's Eve Hootenanny

Archived