SASS Wire Forum

High There

Subdeacon Joe

yes , high everywhere , we need a government that cares about the welfare of all its citizens first - right now the poor are starving and cant afford to get to work - if they even do work , the rich politicos are getting richer 

I paid $6.59 for 91 octane "premium"  at Union 76 the other day. Down the street at Chevron it was $6.79. 

46 days...

It has always baffled me as to why there hasn't been a fiery protest here in the US over diesel prices.

It is so much easier to create diesel from crude oil than it is gasoline.

19 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

It is a greeniac thing, diesel is BAD so it has to cost more (even though the machines that help grow the food require it).  Maybe we'll get lucky, butter was bad for years, now it is good again.

Same with eggs and coffee.

1 hour ago, Father Kit Cool Gun Garth said:

Snip-it_1652964114114.jpg.894df6e755dd6a4ecb483be75212a5d0.jpg

That must be a land far far away. I don't ever recall seeing premium for only a penny more than regular. A nickel, yes, but not a penny.

3 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That must be a land far far away. I don't ever recall seeing premium for only a penny more than regular. A nickel, yes, but not a penny.

Can't remember the difference between premium and regular, but when I got my first car, Fall 1963, I remember Gas Price Wars and gas under 25¢ a gallon.

It's at 2.109 per litre up here.

I'm reminiscing about the days when I paid .35 per Imperial gallon. (160 fl oz) for Regular.

I'm getting old.

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Can't remember the difference between premium and regular, but when I got my first car, Fall 1963, I remember Gas Price Wars and gas under 25¢ a gallon.

When I first started driving, in 1971, gasoline was running 24 or 25 cents a gallon. And they would have gas wars (you want to have some fun? Trying to explain gas wars to a millennial) they would bring it down to 16 or 17 cents.

In 74, when I bought my first car, the energy crisis had happened, and regular was up to 35 cents.

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm reminiscing about the days when I paid .35 per Imperial gallon. (160 fl oz) for Regular.

I'm getting old.

At 3.78541 liters per US Gallon that price equals $7.98 per gallon USD.

You guys just don't get it. We're building back better!

10 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

You guys just don't get it. We're building back better!

Photo taken recently by a friend. 

D53FB8F9-EFA1-4DA9-ADE4-DE4A6DFF3D4B.thumb.jpeg.5a031f53fa3c827c5699d3951c5d65a0.jpeg

I want a sticker that says the same but adds “but I ain’t smart enough to fix it”.

13 hours ago, watab kid said:

yes , high everywhere , we need a government that cares about the welfare of all its citizens first - right now the poor are starving and cant afford to get to work - if they even do work , the rich politicos are getting richer 

A cure worse than the disease 

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

If you are buying Diesel you need one of these cards.

My Open Roads

I have the app on my phone and am waiting on the card. In my area the best discount I found today is 72 cents per gallon.

Thanks! I only use red AG Diesel for my tractor.  In this state AG is taxed less.  Cars & pickup gasoline.

I bought regular gasoline last night for $5.65/ gallon at the local "bait and beer" stop - possibly the cheapest retailer in the county.  And this is probably one of the lowest priced counties in the state.

Here's a snap a cousin in Upland sent me last Friday... undoubtedly, it's gone up since then:  :(

image.png.5526a1f7bdac49d25b93ef8fcc7d2632.png

I was going to gasp, wheeze and choke, not necessarily in that order, until I considered ... it'll likely continue to rise here ... 

It's really getting difficult to afford Walter.:angry:

10 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

It's really getting difficult to afford Walter.:angry:

So Walter's on it... right??   :huh:  :rolleyes:

You can see where all the efforts are focused here:  https://www.energy.gov/

And here are Walter's deputies who are busy workin' on it:  https://www.energy.gov/leadership

:mellow:

Gawd and we still have a couple more years of they keep the unelectable Harris off the top. Doomed if she and Pelousi get up a step. :angry:

1 hour ago, Linn Keller, SASS 27332, BOLD 103 said:

I was going to gasp, wheeze and choke, not necessarily in that order, until I considered ... it'll likely continue to rise here ... 

...... might be time to start practicing ........   :(

6 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

I'm getting old.

.... prices are NOT dissimilar over/under here .....   :(:angry::angry:

Buckshot Bear: The sad thing is it doesn't have to be this way, if we could be allowed to build the required pipe lines.

It would be even better if we could be allowed to build another refinery. 

12 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

A cure worse than the disease 

actually the devil we live with , we cannot escape our government , we need it to care about us - not itself , as long as they are getting rich in office that wont be the focus , it was better as founded when it was volunteer and limited term , people serving the people - not professional politicians ,  whatever --we cant live with what we have ................

Archived