SASS Wire Forum

Gun violence is a nuisance

Thanks. One more crime infested city to take off my list. Nuisance Cities. 

You ever notice they never talk about “crime control”?

These antigun whackos will try anything to get control and ban firearms. 
Did you notice that homicides are down in Columbus? They don’t have a prayer of passing this ridiculous law!

"City leaders plan to have several meetings in the future about addressing gun violence and plan to bring national experts sometime this summer to advise them on what tools other cities are using to address gun violence."

Let's start with putting criminals in prison.

Now,now, we can't go being mean to thugs. That's why it's called "criminal justice". Screw the victims.:angry:

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

Let's start with putting criminals in prison.

But the criminals and their families are the ones that vote for these politicians in the first place

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Thanks. One more crime infested city to take off my list. Nuisance Cities. 

You ever notice they never talk about “crime control”?

They want crime , use the fear and grow the dependency on government 

There are two overarching facts that MUST be recognized in ANY discussion on violence!! The first is that law abiding gun owners only use firearms for protection. While these instances are indeed part of the overall number of VIOLENT cases of gun use, they ARE NOT criminal use of a gun!! Therefore, these incidents SHOULD NOT BE COUNTED in the “violent crime” statistics!! While a crime may have been committed or attempted, the use of a firearm to protect potential victims or to prevent said crime isn’t criminal! It therefore can not  and SHOULD NOT be counted in those statistics!!

The second indisputable fact is that in most of the violent criminal activities where a gun is used, if guns didn’t exist, some other weapon would be used in their place!  Violent crime existed for thousands of years before any sort of firearm was invented!! People were drowned, stabbed, strangled, stomped, stoned, and beaten to death before ANY mechanical weapon was created!

It’s become a cause celebre in some of the more “nanny state” countries to ban or regulate knives and other bladed instruments where firearms are already “controlled/prohibited”!!

Until the violence becomes the issue, standing on its own, without differentiation as to what if any weapon is used, useful discourse among ALL those concerned cannot take place fairly or logically.

Our politicians here in Canada have the same faulty powers of "reasoning"??

The ruling left wing Liberal Party has gone so far as to make things tougher for legal firearms owners to enjoy their sport and in the same Law they enacted, Reduced the penalties for the criminal use of firearms.

Most gun owners in Canada now knows where the Liberal Party of Canada's base support lies.

SB22 was passed by the state lawmakers, the city does not have "Home rule" The state of Ohio passed a law years ago that forbid cities to enact their own gun laws. This guy is full of %^$#!

Coglianese called SB 22 an unconstitutional usurpation of the home rule authority of the city and the Board of Health.

All gun owners and freedom lovers should be writing Uncle Joe and Congress and all of our representatives, not just D's, but R's, L's and I's, about when they are going to do something about "Criminal Control". There isn't enough.

Of course, there is too much money to be made under the current system...

I have an (unpopular) opinion about this.
"people" are the cause of the violence, not the gun, machete or SUV used to commit the violence.

I have an equally unpopular solution:
For intentional gun crimes, i.e. car jacking, armed robbery, armed rape, armed home invasion, attempted or completed shootings...
Find the perp guilty, beyond ANY and ALL doubt, then give him a swift execution.
No delays, no lawyer tricks.
I don't care if he was raped by his priest, had a bad childhood or has 12 personalities.

The smart ones will be deterred, and the stupid ones will only do it once.

Sometimes gun violence is more than a nuisance.

The other night... when I was not looking... my .45 Colt beat the crap out of my .38 S&W Special.  Left the .38 all blue... with marks all over it.

It was just... awful.

To punish the .45... I took it out and shot it.

When I was a kid and really screwed up, I knew the Wrath of Dad was coming down on my butt.
I could hear the Battle Hymn of the Republic as that belt arced through the air before it dropped Fat Man on my back side.

This was a "certainty."

Imagine if this same certainty lived in the minds of those intending intentional gun crimes.
It may be wishful thinking on my part, but the absolute certainty of a swift hanging, firing squad, electric chair or guillotine might be a deterrent.

Archived