SASS Wire Forum

Bigfoot? Sasquatch? What about ghosts?

Doc Shapiro

Nope. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :unsure:

For a number of years one of my "guilty pleasures" was the show Ghost Hunters. Turns out, a friend had a friend who not only did ghost hunting, but ran a small paranormal shop selling the gear for ghost hunting and that sort of thing, as well as doing ghost hunts. He talked me into doing a ghost hunt, and after doing a couple, my daughter decided she wanted to give it a try as well. My daughter is what she terms "sensitive." She eschews the words "psychic" and "medium" and believes that the vast majority of those who claim to be, including the few we've met, aren't. At any rate, at this stage, her sensitivity was still sort of a work in progress. I suppose it still is, but that's beside the point. 

We were ghost hunting an old industrial building and we're on one of the upper levels. At one point she calls me over and asks, "Dad, will you hold this door open for me?" I looked at the door and then back at her. It was a large industrial type fire door, and it looked like it hadn't moved in twenty years or more, so I asked her why. She said she had the feeling that if she went through it, it would close and trap her in the area beyond. At this point in time, I wasn't fully aware of her sensitivity, and I didn't take it quite seriously I suppose, but I thought I would humor her. I walked over toward the door and reached for it. When my hand was less than a foot away, there was a loud screech of rusted hinges and the door lurched six inches or so toward closing. My daughter pivoted on her heel, walking away quickly, saying "Nope nope nope nope..." As for me, I will admit multiple F-Bombs were dropped in the vicinity of the door as I also beat a hasty retreat. Nope, I have no way of explaining it.

I was at one hunt at a small town, locally owned new and used bookstore with a small group, including the cousin of the paranormal shop owner. By and large, I believe the bookstore owners enjoyed the hype associated with the rumors of being haunted more than anything, and as a whole the night was disappointing. There was one moment that stood out though. I don't recall the cousin's name, but I believe it is Megan, so I'll go with that. At the time, Megan was a student at Ohio State. Wait, I'm sorry, The Ohio State University.

At any rate, the bookstore was sectioned off into lots of small rooms, each with a different area of interest. Megan and I were sitting on the floor in one such room, backs against a shelf of books, with a recorder in front of us doing an "EVP session." It was well into the A.M. at this point, with the only light that coming from the exit signs and filtering in from the windows. It's the kind of town that rolls up the sidewalks pretty early, so it was also eerily quiet, and if you strained you could occasionally hear something from someone in another part of the building, or the occasional car outside.

Out of the blue I heard a very low but very distinct growl. It sounded close, but it was hard to pinpoint, and it sounded sort of... Well... Odd. Not wanting to embarrass her, I took a few seconds, but finally had to ask in a whisper, "Megan, did your stomach just growl a moment ago?" I heard a sharp intake of air and she whispered back, "No, I thought that was your stomach growling." We picked up the recorder and left the room. We both heard it. We both know we heard it. But it did not show up on the small digital recorder.

Are there Sasquatch ghosts? Cuz that would be bad! :unsure:

Back in the mid 80's, the shop I worked in still had the huge stoker furnices. Years before, one of the guys used to sit behind it to eat lunch. He had since passed away. His chair was still there. One day, as I walked past it, I swear I saw him sitting there. A second look and he was gone. I have that chair in my house now, known as the ghost chair.

Archived