SASS Wire Forum

Maybe "rethink" your life?

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

What??

UB,

I'm no meteorologist, but I interpret the diagram as this:

What you do gets in between what you like to do and what you're good at from making money.

Of course, you could redraw these things all sorts of ways and insert all sorts of stuff. Ginger and Mary Ann could possibly overlap, so long as Gilligan was left out and you inserted yourself instead, the three of which are entirely enveloped by a fourth circle called the El Rancho Relaxo. Of course, something to consider, only you and Tina Louise are still alive, and she's 88 years old. 

But I don't think Mary Ann, stamp collecting, and Thurston Howell would create any sensible combination, and would avoid that entirely.

Well I’m no SY-cologist but that looks like it would complicate my life by a factor of 2.5 circles.

Maybe if it was color coded….. );

5 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Well I’m no SY-cologist but that looks like it would complicate my life by a factor of 2.5 circles.

I can mail you some crayons and we can have a  Zoom meeting, if that helps. It is easier if you start by using interesting fun stuff like, likker, women and cigars in the circles instead, til you get the hang of it. Then work up to the serious stuff like guns, boats, explosives, and swords.

I'm 75 yrs old I ain't rethinking anything about my life! Just sayin'............

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Called a Venn diagram used to show the relationship between several sets.  

So what do you do with it, once it's  drawn?   

(besides the obvious).

11 minutes ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

So what do you do with it, once it's  drawn?   

(besides the obvious).

It is one of those "Consultant" big important meeting things.  When used with good data, you show a current situation, a desired goal, and ongoing progress toward that desired outcome. I was unfortunate enough to spend years of my life in that sort of meeting.

The Things I’m Good At is not only grammatically wrong, it is much too large for me. :lol:

6 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

It is one of those "Consultant" big important meeting things.  When used with good data, you show a current situation, a desired goal, and ongoing progress toward that desired outcome. I was unfortunate enough to spend years of my life in that sort of meeting.

Yeah, me too.  All of that training consultant stuff ended up as dusty binders residing in managers' book shelves.  Occasionally there was a training class we could actually use for something, but most of it was a huge waste of very expensive managerial time. 

It gave everyone something intellectual sounding to parrot back for promo interviews.  

8 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

As requested...

Snip-it_1652827331309.jpg.7922c6d70186a757b61baf464f4814d4.jpg

To “Rethink my life” implies that I put some thought into it in the first place. :lol:

I'm too old to do anything BUT re-think...if I can remember to do that.

It is a waste of time for me. I've done the math, and I don't have enough time left to make any meaningful, major/minor, relevant, changes. 

I'm at the age where I can barely keep up with all the things I hate. 

Maybe pre-think if you could manage it. But who does that when they’re young?  :(

On 5/17/2022 at 7:48 AM, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I'm 75 yrs old I ain't rethinking anything about my life! Just sayin'............

At 80 I hardly remember a lot of my life.  I'm relatively happy now and can't do anything about what I'm not happy about so...................skrewt!

Archived