SASS Wire Forum

UFO hearing

How many here have seen a UFO? I have seen one about 30 years ago. It did not land, but some crazy maneuvers in the sky.

Congress holds historic public UFO hearing, as military struggles to understand 'mystery' flying phenomena (msn.com)

Is this a distraction to the economy disaster?? It is headed by Adam Schiff! :o

I've seen something  airborne that was unidentified. About 15 or 18 years ago.  I was returning from a Utah rockhounding trip with my wife.  We left Delta in the evening, to avoid traffic, heading home via Ely and Tonopah to central Ca. 

About 2:30 AM I was  skirting the  edge of the Siever Dry Lake on HWY 120, just west of Tonopah, Nevada. 

We noticed a very bright light right on the lake bed maybe 10 or more miles out, quartering toward us from the left.  At first I just figured it was a vehicle on the road ahead with bright headlights on.  But when another car rounded the silhouette of a hill far ahead, we realized the light was not on the highway.  I figured it was an off-road guy racing around out on the lake bed-- no big deal.  But my wife noticed it was coming toward us pretty rapidly.  It's speed appeared to be at least twice my own speed.  We watched it approach for a couple minutes, becoming brighter as it drew closer.  Finally I realized we were on a collusion course, so I stopped on the middle of the highway.   It was flying just a few yards above the deck.  I jumped out of the pickup and watched it fly overhead.  It had only the one bright light.   It's shadow against the dim skylight was a very large  trapezoid-- maybe 150' across.   It made no sound that I could hear above the pickup engine idle.   It c limbed as it approached the road and passed directly overhead, probably less than 400' off the ground.  As it passed, the light went out, and the dark trapezoid shape turned nearly straight up and disappeared at about jet aircraft speed, but  without making any audible sound .  

The other approaching vehicle saw it too.  He pulled his truck and trailer up beside me and jumped out, asking what that was.  None of the three of us could explain it.  The following day it was nagging at me, so I called in the incident to my local,Fresno County Ca., Sheriff's office,   after giving it much thought.  Later that same day I was contacted by a woman who said she was a civilian working for NASA as a UFO investigator.  She had already received the truck driver's report.  She said it could have been a B-1 Bomber on a training flight, but they would not be flying that low, and it has many more lights than what we saw, plus it would not be silent; particularly in a steep climb.  She said she was recording as "reliable and  unidentified".   She said most reports received from more than one individual are treated as  reliable and get a follow-up investigation of some sort. 

I never heard any more about it.  

I have seen a few things I couldn't identify.  One was in 1966 involving fifteen or sixteen bright lights and lasted over two hours from daylight to night. ,There were thousands of witnesses: both sexes (there were only two in those days), military and civilian, American, Okinawan and other nationalities, and from the ground, the ocean, and in the air.

China was a stone's throw from Okinawa.  We thought they were Chinese and the Chinese thought they were ours.  Everything was on alert and everything reasonable was scrambled.

I was with a Nike Hercules and HAWK battalion with sixteen AD missile sites, and we were ready to start pushing buttons.  Everything was hot and tense

Suddenly they just vanished.

Never did hear a reasonable explanation.

None of the others were anywhere near that dramatic and only lasted a few seconds.

The Phoenix Lights incident.

@Pat Riot, SASS #13748,

image.png.5f816f473262e88a2b4834bf28de9629.png

673299214_Screenshot2022-05-17132305.jpg.7d77c51b38a72c2a44a958543973bc9c.jpg                                       512206918_SeeBelow.thumb.jpg.dca4f47eed668d6f24c4d1ad66588031.jpg

1904789859_Screenshot2022-05-17132249.jpg.70d8d0dd5801299812d7fb0672aa8371.jpg   

I wonder if they will discuss some of these.

UFO over Wright Patterson Air Force Base:

https://www.whio.com/videos/news/ufo-over-dayton-near-wpafb/vDqpqc/

Another site with the same UFO and some additional information and some really good photos.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1295126/Footage-purportedly-shows-UFO-flying-Ohio-airbase.html

3 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

With that jerk running it I have immediately lost interest.  -_-

Back in '79 or '80, as a young Marine, my unit, an 81mm mortar platoon, was deployed out to Twenty Palms Ca. for a live fire exercise. We were out so far in the middle of nowhere that you couldn't get there from anywhere else. 

It was dark, probably 2200 or so, and we had shut down ops for the day. We were laying back, just shooting some bulls, when we saw a satellite come over the horizon. It looked just like a bright star, but was moving. Since we were all children of the space age, we had seen sights like this all our lives, but someone called our attention to it, so we were watching it fly across the sky. 

It took several minutes for it to get right above us, but as it did, it suddenly took a tack 90 degrees from it's previous direction of travel, and ZIP, just that fast, was gone. 

Of course we were all startled by this, and commented on it in language that would get me a "Time Out" from the Moderators if I were to repeat it here. 

There were a couple dozen of us that saw it, but nothing else was ever heard of it.

7 hours ago, Dusty Devil Dale said:

I've seen something  airborne that was unidentified. About 15 or 18 years ago.  I was returning from a Utah rockhounding trip with my wife.  We left Delta in the evening, to avoid traffic, heading home via Ely and Tonopah to central Ca. 

About 2:30 AM I was  skirting the  edge of the Siever Dry Lake on HWY 120, just west of Tonopah, Nevada. 

We noticed a very bright light right on the lake bed maybe 10 or more miles out, quartering toward us from the left.  At first I just figured it was a vehicle on the road ahead with bright headlights on.  But when another car rounded the silhouette of a hill far ahead, we realized the light was not on the highway.  I figured it was an off-road guy racing around out on the lake bed-- no big deal.  But my wife noticed it was coming toward us pretty rapidly.  It's speed appeared to be at least twice my own speed.  We watched it approach for a couple minutes, becoming brighter as it drew closer.  Finally I realized we were on a collusion course, so I stopped on the middle of the highway.   It was flying just a few yards above the deck.  I jumped out of the pickup and watched it fly overhead.  It had only the one bright light.   It's shadow against the dim skylight was a very large  trapezoid-- maybe 150' across.   It made no sound that I could hear above the pickup engine idle.   It c limbed as it approached the road and passed directly overhead, probably less than 400' off the ground.  As it passed, the light went out, and the dark trapezoid shape turned nearly straight up and disappeared at about jet aircraft speed, but  without making any audible sound .  

The other approaching vehicle saw it too.  He pulled his truck and trailer up beside me and jumped out, asking what that was.  None of the three of us could explain it.  The following day it was nagging at me, so I called in the incident to my local,Fresno County Ca., Sheriff's office,   after giving it much thought.  Later that same day I was contacted by a woman who said she was a civilian working for NASA as a UFO investigator.  She had already received the truck driver's report.  She said it could have been a B-1 Bomber on a training flight, but they would not be flying that low, and it has many more lights than what we saw, plus it would not be silent; particularly in a steep climb.  She said she was recording as "reliable and  unidentified".   She said most reports received from more than one individual are treated as  reliable and get a follow-up investigation of some sort. 

I never heard any more about it.  

You were near Tonopah, were you? Do you know what isn't all that far away?  Area 51.  Could have been anything flying out of there! :ph34r: Now, I'm NOT saying it couldn't be something else...what I couldn't begin so speculate.  I cannot account for the sudden changes in direction and/or speed that seem to defy the laws of physics we know about. But there may be technological developments that are so classified, if you knew about them, you'd have to kill yerself! :wacko:

No, I have never seen a UFO or UAP.  OTOH, I would still like to know what it was that shut down Malmstrom AFB's Echo-flight missiles' guidance systems one night after a strange light appeared over one of the Launch Facilities.  Similar thing happened a week or so later to some of Oscar-flight's birds (further east).  In the second incident, the "thing" appeared above the Oscar Launch Control Facility, and scared one of the security guards so bad he tried to climb the chainlink fence and cut himself pretty badly on the barbed wire on top!

I was out at Echo-six or some number the night following that incident, bringing the missile back up to alert, and on the way back in, was contacted by the base to find out if we had seen anything in Belt Canyon, which had been reported by a sheriff's deputy and a civilian, but we never saw anything.

As an engineer, I am agnostic on the subject, pending some sort of definitive proof. 

Possibilities:  1) Advanced, and highly classified technology...either ours or China's (Russia maybe back in the days of the CCCP, but doubt now...they're about broke).  2) Unusual physical phenomena capable of "spoofing" our aircraft instruments, as well as groundbased radar.  3) Alien craft, either drones or crewed from civilizations far more advanced than ours.  3a) Does our government know and isn't telling us, either out of fear it would cause panic? Less likely in this day of scifi. 3c) Our government doesn't know, and really doesn't want to. 4) Just something to take our minds off of inflation, politics, SCOTUS leaks, etc.

I doubt seriously that these hearings are going to accomplish anything other than spending more taxpayer's money and time that could be better spent alleviating problems.

Live long and prosper! \||//

I saw ten or so, one evening, going across the sky in a single line formation, about 300 feet off the ground, and probably 3 or 4 hundred yards away from me. Just lights, but moving straight across the sky. No noise. No blinking lights. 

They moved from north to south, then they came to a point where one would move up at a 45 degree angle, and disappear into the clouds. As each object came to that particular certain point in the sky, they all made that course change. I called my wife, and Dad, to come outside to verify what I was seeing. They saw it too. 

I have no idea what they were. They were simply: unidentified, they were objects, and they were flying.

Being in communications, while in the Navy, and having a top secret clearance, there were quite a few reports, of u.f.o.'s, some visual sightings, some on radar. Having had to sign a N.D.A., I can't say much more than that. 

Are they real? Something is real. Are they from outside our world? I have no idea. There are a lot of problems, to overcome, if they are aliens from another realm.

The Bible states there are physical life forms on the Earth. It also states there are living beings in a realm referred to as "spirit". The Bible says God is a Spirit. The Bible indicates there are living beings not of the physical realm. Perhaps we are encountering these beings, that are not subject to the physical laws of this realm/universe. There have been radar contacts, of flying objects, that showed they were travelling at thousands of miles an hour, and suddenly they made a 90 degree turn, without slowing down. Nothing we have can do that, and no human can withstand that kind of turn. As the old t.v. show, the X Files, stated: "the truth is out there". Perhaps, at some point in time, we will discover what/who this is. 

Until then, the speculation will continue. 

8 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

I have seen a few things I couldn't identify.  One was in 1966 involving fifteen or sixteen bright lights and lasted over two hours from daylight to night. ,There were thousands of witnesses: both sexes (there were only two in those days), military and civilian, American, Okinawan and other nationalities, and from the ground, the ocean, and in the air.

That cracked me up @Forty Rod SASS 3935 :) 

10 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yes...it is a distraction. They have to grab on to anything they can, to detract from the real problems we are facing. They are too stupid to realize it won't work. One may never see a U.F.O., but most of us see the price of a gallon of gasoline, pretty often these days.  

49 minutes ago, Buckshot Bob said:

The only reason they are discussing it now is to distract from the dumpster fire our government has created 

At least if they're doing this, they're not passing more stupid laws, making life harder for the people that ACTUALLY make this country work.

7 hours ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

Back in '79 or '80, as a young Marine, my unit, an 81mm mortar platoon, was deployed out to Twenty Palms Ca. for a live fire exercise. We were out so far in the middle of nowhere that you couldn't get there from anywhere else. 

It was dark, probably 2200 or so, and we had shut down ops for the day. We were laying back, just shooting some bulls, when we saw a satellite come over the horizon. It looked just like a bright star, but was moving. Since we were all children of the space age, we had seen sights like this all our lives, but someone called our attention to it, so we were watching it fly across the sky. 

It took several minutes for it to get right above us, but as it did, it suddenly took a tack 90 degrees from it's previous direction of travel, and ZIP, just that fast, was gone. 

Of course we were all startled by this, and commented on it in language that would get me a "Time Out" from the Moderators if I were to repeat it here. 

There were a couple dozen of us that saw it, but nothing else was ever heard of it.

Semper Fi brother was there for electronics school 82-83. Made many a trip back there for exercises with my battalion, 2/4.

Never once saw anything unexplainable but did get to watch a Cobra unload its payload right across the mountain I was setting up a radio antenna on.

23 minutes ago, Sgt. C.J. Sabre, SASS #46770 said:

At least if they're doing this, they're not passing more stupid laws, making life harder for the people that ACTUALLY make this country work.

Don’t be so sure , they will probably tell us we need to pay taxes to the aliens or be destroyed. Their always scheming.

I find the entire topic interesting.  To think we're the only intelligent life in the galaxy (much less the Universe) is some extravagant arrogance.  Why other intelligent species would want to visit this little planet is a puzzle.

19 minutes ago, Doc Shapiro said:

Why other intelligent species would want to visit this little planet is a puzzle.

Could be the same reason everyone gawks at a car accident. Earths funniest home videos? 

I can accept there is other life, of some kind, "Out There."

What form it could be and how developed I have no idea.

It may be in various stages of development on different worlds.

I can imagine an intelligent, curious, scientifically developed species sending out probes, with AI, to explore in time beyond their own life span and designed to return with the information gathered, to their descendants. 

Much like we are doing in our own solar system.

It is not possible to get into all the problems of this subject here. It is just too much to contemplate and discuss. 

But...if, and I say IF, the laws of physics are the same in the universe, as they are on Earth, or in our solar system, then it raises too many problems for aliens to get here, from elsewhere in the galaxy, or universe (sorry Captain Kirk). An entity must get from point A, to point B, in a timely manner, with a space vehicle, and a steady and large source of energy/propulsion, that is unknown to us. On the series, Star Trek, they use what is called "warp drive", where they "fold", or "bend" space. Great theory, but there is no proof, yet, that it can be done. If they are physical beings, they have to conform to certain laws of physics, and gravity, and inertia. For instance, nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. A physical spacecraft has mass. The occupants have mass. Can they travel through a "worm hole", presuming a "worm hole" actually exists? Well, it is theorized that if a "worm hole" is, or can be, connected to another "worm hole", the connection would be only about an atom wide. That would obliterate a physical space craft, and its occupants. Those are some of the problems.

If they are not physical beings, then they are not subject to the physical laws of the universe, and we have nothing but conjecture, or theory, or hypothesis, as to anything concerning them.

Of course, we haven't even begun to discuss the fine-tuning of the Universe, and our galaxy, and our solar system, and the Earth, to support the great variety of life that we have here. Can another location, in the Universe, be as fine-tuned as we are, to support life? Mathematically, the odds are not in their favor. Mathematically, random chance, has no chance of being a factor. The mathematical odds are just too great.    

Yet, the observations we have had, over the many years, seem to indicate that we have been, and are, seeing something that we can't explain, and don't understand.

The mystery continues.

8 minutes ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

It is not possible to get into all the problems of this subject here. It is just too much to contemplate and discuss. 

But...if, and I say IF, the laws of physics are the same in the universe, as they are on Earth, or in our solar system, then it raises too many problems for aliens to get here, from elsewhere in the galaxy, or universe (sorry Captain Kirk). An entity must get from point A, to point B, in a timely manner, with a space vehicle, and a steady and large source of energy/propulsion, that is unknown to us. On the series, Star Trek, they use what is called "warp drive", where they "fold", or "bend" space. Great theory, but there is no proof, yet, that it can be done. If they are physical beings, they have to conform to certain laws of physics, and gravity, and inertia. For instance, nothing with mass can travel at the speed of light. A physical spacecraft has mass. The occupants have mass. Can they travel through a "worm hole", presuming a "worm hole" actually exists? Well, it is theorized that if a "worm hole" is, or can be, connected to another "worm hole", the connection would be only about an atom wide. That would obliterate a physical space craft, and its occupants. Those are some of the problems.

If they are not physical beings, then they are not subject to the physical laws of the universe, and we have nothing but conjecture, or theory, or hypothesis, as to anything concerning them.

Of course, we haven't even begun to discuss the fine-tuning of the Universe, and our galaxy, and our solar system, and the Earth, to support the great variety of life that we have here. Can another location, in the Universe, be as fine-tuned as we are, to support life? Mathematically, the odds are not in their favor. Mathematically, random chance, has no chance of being a factor. The mathematical odds are just too great.    

Yet, the observations we have had, over the many years, seem to indicate that we have been, and are, seeing something that we can't explain, and don't understand.

The mystery continues.

I think we should not dismiss the notion that any representatives of another civilization that can visit us are very many years ahead of us in technology and understanding of the universe.  Enough so that what they can do would look like magic to us.

1 hour ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I find the entire topic interesting.  To think we're the only intelligent life in the galaxy (much less the Universe) is some extravagant arrogance.  Why other intelligent species would want to visit this little planet is a puzzle.

Could be they are simply checking on their kids' junior high school science experiments.

2 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I sure hope not.  That wouldn't say much about them, would it?

Beam me up Scotty.  There's no sign of intelligent life down here.  

I don't dismiss it, or anything. 

There are just too many questions out there that we have no answer to. Life, carbon-based life, has to have certain specific, and fine-tuned parameters for us to exist. One very slight change, in a multitude of factors, and we don't exist. Our existence is so fine-tuned, that many see a design, and thus a designer, in the mix. Mathematics seems to confirm this, since the odds are simply too great for this to happen by random chance.

Could that also be true for other civilizations out there? Is the fine-tuning we have to have, to exist, be equally as complex for another civilization to exist? If they are more advanced than we are, we probably could presume that the complexity, and fine-tuning, that they need to exist, have to be at least as complex as ours...and perhaps even more so. 

If a civilization is out there, and it is a physical civilization, it has to have developed in the estimated 13.8 billion years that our scientists believe is the age of the universe. We presume, if they exist, they had to have reached a point of development earlier than we did, OR, developed faster than we did, or both.

We have to wonder what the catalyst was, for that development, and wonder if it was similar to ours, or different somehow?

Being technologically advanced may, or may not, mean they are advanced in other areas that we would deem important, such as what we consider morally acceptable. Their values may not be what we would consider as being something we would want to emulate. 

So far, obviously, we have not been contacted directly, notwithstanding the experiences of those that claim to have been abducted and experimented on. 

If they exist, why have they not done what the 1950 sci-fi movie The Day the Earth Stood Still showed, and landed a spacecraft in broad daylight, in a major city? What are they waiting for? If they are so advanced, they must have a reason for keeping a low profile. If they are more advanced, would they be afraid of us, on some level? If they have found a way to travel light-years in a short amount of time, to visit us, then how would we be a threat to them? If they can travel, in our atmosphere, thousands of miles an hour, and turn 90 degrees without slowing down, and survive that feat, what do they have to fear from us.

We could also ask, are some, or are all, of these things we are observing, inanimate objects? Just a feature of the physical universe, that we have yet to understand? Are these things operating on a different plane of space-time, in some sort of "phase shift plane", and are they able to migrate between here and there? Have we observed any indication that there are sentient beings on/in/aboard all these objects? Could they be probes, in a similar way as our space probes to, say, Pluto and beyond? 

We hear a lot of stories, for sure.      

Lots of questions...no firm answers....yet.  

I have seen unidentified flying objects. However, until I see an alien from space, I will reserve my opinion as to whether, or not, they even exist Seems to be way too many hurdles to overcome, and physics, and mathematics, and different laws, to wiggle around. 

10 hours ago, Waxahachie Kid #17017 L said:

If they exist, why have they not done what the 1950 sci-fi movie The Day the Earth Stood Still showed, and landed a spacecraft in broad daylight, in a major city? What are they waiting for? If they are so advanced, they must have a reason for keeping a low profile.

IF we are being watched by an advanced civilization, it might be that they have a Prime Directive, like on Star Trek, that prevents them from having contact until we have reached a certain level of advancement, whatever that might be. 

Archived