SASS Wire Forum

Drying brass after wet tumbling - new method.

Matthew Duncan

I've got the heat turned off in the house and the basement dehumidifier on.   Dehumidifier has nice dry air blowing out the side...hmmm.  Put my wet brass in the stream of the dry air and presto!  A brass dryer at no additional cost to me.

9 minutes ago, Shooting Bull said:

Must be a Midwest thing. :ph34r:

It has rained one to three day of every week this year, I think. Or snowed, which could still happen. THAT is a Midwest Thing.

I never minded the dry heat when I was in California; the humidity here in the Southeast makes summer miserable.  The humidity was bad in Wisconsin, when I lived there, but nothing like this. 

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

It has rained one to three day of every week this year, I think. Or snowed, which could still happen. THAT is a Midwest Thing.

:lol:  From kindergarten to 9th grade I lived South of Detroit, near Trenton.  The rest of my high school years I live in a suburb of Philadelphia.  Those are the reasons I live out here where it's a dry heat. :D

1 hour ago, TN Mongo, SASS #61450 said:

I never minded the dry heat when I was in California; the humidity her in the Southeast makes summer miserable.  The humidity was bad in Wisconsin, when I lived there, but nothing like this. 

We’ve been 90* and 85-95% humidity for the last week with only ¼ inch of rain.  I like to think of this as siesta season, too hot to work outside in the middle of the day. 

Rain, what the heck is Rain? We have Sun. It dries brass about as fast as you can spread it out on a towel. 

Archived