SASS Wire Forum

Recent experience with minimags?

Alpo

Got an ad through email today. CCI mini mags on sale.

At the bottom of the ad, andIN the questions, someone asked if they would work in some gun that was called a 74 - I have no idea what gun they were talking about.

The answer given, by another customer, said something about, "they used to be the gold standard, and worked in any gun. But CCI changed the secret sauce, and now there isTHEY'RE AS unreliable as all other 22s".

I agree they used to be the gold standard. They worked, they fed and fired in anything, and they were extremely accurate in anything I shot them through. But I have not bought any since the Kenyan went into my White House. 14 years. So I don't know, of my own experience, whether CCI did change what they were doing or not.

Has anyone had any recent experience with them? Are they still as good as they used to be?

I do not know about mini mags but CCI Stingers, Velocitors and Standard Velocity ammo works great today, just like it did 10-20 years ago. I haven’t seen any Mini Mags in a while. 

Picked up a case of CCI MiniMags (along with a case of Standard) last November direct from Federal for our state Appleseed shooting events.

The MiniMags are great in most factory 10/22's.

So far, every one has gone bang, and none had problems going through the magazines or chambering.

I can tell you I've personally used several cases of MiniMags in the last few years and never had a failure due to the ammo in either an AR-based .22 or a S & W Victory .22.

18 hours ago, Alpo said:

The answer given, by another customer, said something about, "they used to be the gold standard, and worked in any gun. But CCI changed the secret sauce, and now there isTHEY'RE AS unreliable as all other 22s".

I see stuff like this all the time and the person is usually just an asshead spreading BS or someone with a vested interest in spreading BS.

Archived