SASS Wire Forum

Hi, I’d like to introduce myself

Well, after months of deliberation on an alias, it all came down to a coin toss. I sent my 3 choices in and paid my dues yesterday. I guess I’ll learn what my official alias is at the same time I get my number.

Any idea on the average amount of time it takes from submitting the application to receiving your SASS number? Will I have to wait for my packet, or will they let me know via email which alias was approved and my number?

Welcome! Don't stress to much on outfits or boots, eventually you will have way too much (wife always asks are those new) main thing is to get your shooting irons and ammo, leather goods. Outfits will come later. I always find stuff at major shoots.

This sport is addictive but fun as hell!

Rafe

Right now I’ve got a pair of SASS Vaqueros in .357, an SKB 100 that’s race-ready, a Baikal MP 210 that once I scrounge the funds to make it cowboy ready will be, so I’m down to needing the rifle (1873 in 357), the cart, and the leather. I have my CFDA cartridge belt I can likely repurpose, will have to check the SHB on the holster.

Costuming, I’m definitely lacking, but can probably surprise myself in what I could throw together rummaging through the closet.  

I know our club is has many cowfolk who bring extra gear/guns and are happy to load them out

Now I know you're a bit east of The Republic but many clubs also have similar members.

don't let missing some items keep you from shooting (except ammo--ammo is a problem these days)

8 hours ago, Slewfoot said:

Never mind. Maria Mojito just emailed.

My official SASS Alias is Matt Blasterson. #112488

I’ll see about getting it changed here on the forum.

Welcome whoever you are!:D

Archived