SASS Wire Forum

WTC - side match to main match penalty?

Good evening everyone,

I cannot remember nor able to find the ruling - here we go, Shooter (me) shoots side matches at a local monthly shoot - Hidden Valley in Sturgis, MI (great shoot, terrific folks). I go to the loading table for the 1st Stage of the day - go to load my rifle and discover an empty brass in the chamber of the rifle. Bad on me for not clearing it at the unload table after the Side Match. My question, is there a Penalty to be assessed for Stage 1 ? I cleared the empty at the Load Table prior to loading the rifle.

Thank you for your time - Spoon River Sam

Match DQs don't carry from side match to main match so I wouldn't think Stage DQ would either.

This was on same day? (Side match before main match?) if so I think SDQ. If first loading of the day no call. (Per the rules) 

NO PENALTY for main match Stage 1. 

(per the rules)

Leaving the unloading table without clearing all firearms will result in the penalty being assessed on the stage where the infraction was committed.

Competitors arriving at the designated loading area with uncleared firearms after completing a stage within the same day will be assessed a Stage Disqualification penalty on the previously completed stage.

SHB p.28 - Loading and Unloading Area Conventions

Archived