SASS Wire Forum

Looking for video of shooting on the move

wyliefoxEsquire

1 minute ago, Tennessee williams said:

Well where do we send our donations for help with production? 

You know how much I got to practice just to shoot in the traditional style?

And now you want me to do that and lean at the same time?

You think I'm better than I am!

:lol:

1 minute ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

You know how much I got to practice just to shoot in the traditional style?

And now you want me to do that and lean at the same time?

You think I'm better than I am!

:lol:

I have all the faith in the world in Jedi Gunfighter of the year BWJ! 

I bet Dudley could pull it off shooting Duelist or Gunfighter style!

Just now, Tennessee williams said:

I have all the faith in the world in Jedi Gunfighter of the year BWJ! 

I bet Dudley could pull it off shooting Duelist or Gunfighter style!

You know who I used to love watching lean into the next move?

Papa Dave

On a rifle string when he got around eight off, he would start leaning into the direction he was going to go. By the time he got the finger to the trigger of the 10th round, his feet were moving.

44 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

You know who I used to love watching lean into the next move?

Papa Dave

On a rifle string when he got around eight off, he would start leaning into the direction he was going to go. By the time he got the finger to the trigger of the 10th round, his feet were moving.

Papa Dave could make a fella feel like a putz!

I wonder if we really NEED to be able to shoot on the move in our sport, the fast guys are already scary quick as it is, I’m not that crazy about the chance of people tripping or slipping with a cocked gun in their hands ( lots of clubs have less than optimum shooting platforms ) I think the current rules help shooters keep a little control and keep them planning their stage instead of just going for broke

OK,

I will attempt to re-focus the OP.

Some time ago there was a post (here , Facebook or ???)

It showed a shooter planting feet-foot where upper body was clearly in constant motion, left to right.

There was a discussion

Page #12 SHB

AND 

I think (which is why I would like to revisit that post) the conclusion was SDQ "moving on the move.

Page #14 SHB, does not address this issue.

Safe Conditions During a Course of Fire – Revolvers

BTW, the hijacker tread about run-n-gun is very interesting to me.  Please start a separate thread.

-wylie

...about that video... the final ruling was that  the shooter was " Shooting on the move (continuous, fluid movement while engaging targets).  SHB Vers 26.2 pg 22 (SDQ).

not to be confused with the "basketball traveling rule".  

"Continuous, fluid movement" does not necessarily involve breaking the "BBT rule".
The shooter's body is moving laterally during the entire revolver shooting string; even though one foot remains planted during each shot.

So, as loud as a shooter wanted to scream, belittle, protest, or make the R.O. "feel like a putz"... it's an SDQ   Possibly more if it degenerates into belligerent behavior.

Comments to that were:  

"so even if a foot remains planted, it's considered "constant, fluid movement" if the shooter's body is moving in the same direction the entire string? My understanding is different.  That would be a very difficult call if a foot remains planted, in my opinion?" 

The answer to that was:

"That is what differentiates "shooting on the move" from violating the "basketball traveling rule".
The BODY is in continuous motion while the "leading" foot remains planted & as the "trailing" foot moves from back to front."

The difficulty in making such a call is the observation by the T/O and/or spotters during the actual stage engagement.
" Recorded video/audio or photographic data will never be allowed to be presented as evidence in either regard. Remember: The benefit of any doubt always goes to the shooter."

Archived