SASS Wire Forum

Bust out gun show

K22 Smith Masterpiece from 1949 decent shape but $1100?? No thanks!

Ammo was sky high especially.45 acp and shotgun!

One vendor had tons of black guns from other countries. I’d never heard of any of these!

Lots of Wranglers and Heritage.22’s.

What a bust out gun shows are becoming !!

I quit going years ago. Lots of knives, beef jerky and tee-shirts. Over priced crap guns. $30.00 to park and walk in here. 

8 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I quit going years ago. Lots of knives, beef jerky and tee-shirts. Over priced crap guns. $30.00 to park and walk in here. 

Wow $30.00 to park? The ones around here are all free parking and $7.00.

Yep, lots of knives, candy, tshirts and other flea market stuff!!:angry:

8 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Wow $30.00 to park? The ones around here are all free parking and $7.00.

Yep, lots of knives, candy, tshirts and other flea market stuff!!:angry:

Parking and admission

I like going to gun shows just to look. Here in the People’s Republic most gun shows have been legislated off public lands so shows are a ways off. 
The last show I went to wasn’t loaded with vendors but I think CoVid restrictions had something to do with that, but prices on guns and ammo were way too high. 

As an aside I have noticed that the prices for guns in gun stores around me are settling down and looking more in line with what they probably should be. My LGS has a brand new Ruger Super Redhawk .44 Magnum Alaskan on display for $1300.00. High but below MSRP. 

It made me happy to see it because that means Ruger is making revolvers again. :)

I quit going when there were more camouflage bikinis and toilet paper, John Wayne lamps, trinkets and nonsense crap and other such stuff than there was gun related merchandise, and junk was being sold as antiques or "rare", all at outrageous prices.  Not a bargain in the entire place.....and almost no friendly people.

After we moved to Arizona I went to a couple, but they were pretty much the same here as what we ended up with in California. 

I can get more of almost anything I want be simply grazing the gun shops and pawn shops and even some antique stores.

Used to really enjoy the ones I would stumble across in small towns. High school gym, veterans halls, things like that. Just local folk selling and trading.

12 minutes ago, Goody, SASS #26190 said:

Used to really enjoy the ones I would stumble across in small towns. High school gym, veterans halls, things like that. Just local folk selling and trading.

Those were the kind of shows that I liked, small shows...really more of a BS session where folks trade thoughts, ideas and...oh yeah...might buy/sell a gun. Seems like now, you're burned for a $20 before you ever get to see the overpriced black plastic stuff for sale.

The vendors need to make some bucks, I get it...just seems like they want to make a killin' on every sale.

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bob said:

I stopped going years ago. Maybe I just go to the wrong ones 

I don’t know if there are any right ones anymore. :(

I gave up on the local gun shows years ago.   I have plenty of decent gun stores within 30 minutes and they let me come in an look around without charging me $10.  I haven't bought a gun at a gun show in probably 15 years.  I've already got all the black Mall Ninja guns I need.

Same here , Entry went up same crap saw primers for 15/100 (you read that correctly)  44-40 ammo for 90/50 . I saw the same thing on 45ACP and 5.56 I think what happened is a bunch of them bought a crap load when scalper prices were in . and now stuck  I am not paying 80/100 for 45acp  when I can pick it up local any day for 40/100 
 The Black Rifle stuff heck I have better at home , and if I dont I can order it . Any More  most are dealers and doing background checks , so I might as well buy local 
 I look more for the old Military stuff and unusual  Cowboy stuff. 

I gave up on gun shows due to the expense of parking and getting in the door.

However, I did see the new Ruger/Marlin 1895 SBL up for sale for $2300....
Apparently they are scarce and priced accordingly.

I used to work security at gun shows, and rarely took my pay home.  I picked up some really neat guns there.  

I too have about quit attending because of the influx of flea market junk dealers and the over pricing of gun show staples like ammo and reloading components.  

I think the next gun show I go to, I will wear a tee shirt that says: "You can go to hell for stealing, same as you can for murder". 

Last show I went to, I saw a box of .30 Carbine (50), for $80.00. Did not see any primers, at all. 

I'm shooting my flintlocks, for the duration. So far, they haven't cornered the market on rocks that spark...try as they may. 

But I'm patient. Sooner or later the prices will come down. So, let's see who blinks first.

Until then, they can eat them, as far as I am concerned. 

Archived