SASS Wire Forum

Busy day

Had to be at the ball field at 9 to present the colors for a regional high school playoff game. Then another game at 11:30. We had a large breakfast at the local diner in between. Having a light lunch on the porch now watching the hummingbirds fight each other.
And the squirrels are battling to. Earl is kicking the youngster’s butts.

Such violence! Such battles! Such squealing!

Makes an old warhorse nostalgic. ;)

Now if I could only convince the birds that M&Ms are not flowers!

Time for as lil nap. ;)

0F0CCCB9-66CE-45FA-8D62-EF888B581579.jpeg

73FF410D-5281-4B22-92B5-C630B9A6C3AA.jpeg

That top picture had me puzzled for a minute. We have the plate with the brown and white pattern, theyTHAT kind of looks like a brown thing sitting on top of a white background, with the white background showing through. Then the plate is sitting on a brown doily which is on a light blue table, and the light blue table is showing through the holes in the doily.

When I first saw the picture I did not realize there was a plate. The plate blended into the doily. So while I could understand how the crackers and the potato chips were sitting on the dailyDOILY, I could not understand why the peanut butter wasn't falling through the holes. :blink:

1 hour ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Having a light lunch on the porch now watching the hummingbirds fight each other.

Female customer in the local bird seed store, "I wish people could get along like birds do."

It was SO hard to not laugh.

37 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That top picture had me puzzled for a minute. We have the plate with the brown and white pattern, theyTHAT kind of looks like a brown thing sitting on top of a white background, with the white background showing through. Then the plate is sitting on a brown doily which is on a light blue table, and the light blue table is showing through the holes in the doily.

When I first saw the picture I did not realize there was a plate. The plate blended into the doily. So while I could understand how the crackers and the potato chips were sitting on the dailyDOILY, I could not understand why the peanut butter wasn't falling through the holes. :blink:

You caught me!

Okay lemme ‘splain the apparently confusing photo.

There is a placemat sitting on an aluminum slat table.

On top of the place mat is a black and white geometrical pattern plate.

On the plate is several crackers, some Jarlsberg cheese, some apple slices and some spicy honey mustard 

There is also a glass of sweet tea, a homemade ashtray and a fine cigar.

Now if you print out the photo on a transparent Mylar  sheet and superimpose it over the M&Ms, as you rotate it slowly under an ultraviolet light, ehat will appear will be a detailed map of the solar system. Flip it over and enlarge it and you will see the evidence of an Area 51 compound that was constructed on Mars in 1951.
This is proof that we never went to the moon because it was pointless. We had been on mars for years and tortured the natives, getting valuable tech and secrets such as, Velcro, microwave ovens, crazy glue, silly putty, Crocs, the Pocket Fisherman, and the Ginsu knife as well as…….

Must go. A black helicopter just landed on the lawn.

2 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

You caught me!

Okay lemme ‘splain the apparently confusing photo.

There is a placemat sitting on an aluminum slat table.

On top of the place mat is a black and white geometrical pattern plate.

On the plate is several crackers, some Jarlsberg cheese, some apple slices and some spicy honey mustard 

There is also a glass of sweet tea, a homemade ashtray and a fine cigar.

Now if you print out the photo on a transparent Mylar  sheet and superimpose it over the M&Ms, as you rotate it slowly under an ultraviolet light, ehat will appear will be a detailed map of the solar system. Flip it over and enlarge it and you will see the evidence of an Area 51 compound that was constructed on Mars in 1951.
This is proof that we never went to the moon because it was pointless. We had been on mars for years and tortured the natives, getting valuable tech and secrets such as, Velcro, microwave ovens, crazy glue, silly putty, Crocs, the Pocket Fisherman, and the Ginsu knife as well as…….

Must go. A black helicopter just landed on the lawn.

Now why do you have to confuse Alpo for?

15 hours ago, Dawg Hair, SASS #29557 said:

Now why do you have to confuse Alpo for?

Alpo is never confused. Merely inquisitive.

21 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Also is never confused. Merely inquisitive.

I wish more people understood that. And I spell my name with a p. :P

15 minutes ago, Alpo said:

I wish more people understood that. And I spell my name with a p. :P

But Otto Correct doesn’t. I asked him. ^_^

Had one busy day yesterday.  Up at 6:00 yesterday morning for an appointment with the foot doctor at 8:00.  From there to the grocery for some beverages and a pack of chorizo, some bread, and toiletries.  Over to the Tractor Supply for a new pair of jeans, and then home for some breakfast.  Out to the shop to give some requested advice to Hatfield on a truck repair he was doing, and then a short nap before loading up the gear for a show in the evening.

We headed across town to pay respects to a long time friend who had passed away last Sunday, which required an hour in stop and go traffic.

Left there to go on to the venue for last night’s show, another hour in lousy traffic and then load in, set up, and sound check. Next was four sets 45 minutes to an hour of hard rockin’ Blues and oldies with the band.

We took a short break and then loaded out, collected our pay and headed for home. I pulled back into my driveway at 2:55 this morning.  We fed the dog, put a few things away, and finally turned out the lights at 3:25.

I awakened around 7:00 this morning and realized I hadn’t eaten since breakfast, yesterday, at about 10:30! I grabbed a quick sandwich and went back to bed! 

I HAVE BEEN USELESS ALL DAY!!

I got up and dressed at 5:30 this morning. Got my coffee made and went in to kiss my wife goodbye. Hey, wait. It's not Monday...... Will someone please tell me that they have done that before. Please. 

7 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

I got up and dressed at 5:30 this morning. Got my coffee made and went in to kiss my wife goodbye. Hey, wait. It's not Monday...... Will someone please tell me that they have done that before. Please. 

SLIM!!  I always check first to see what day it is before ever getting out of bed!!

Saves me from ANY extra effort!! :lol:

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

SLIM!!  I always check first to see what day it is before ever getting out of bed!!

Saves me from ANY extra effort!! :lol:

But... I got to be on here at 6:00, the garden is now planted, the camper is opened up, the boat is cleared off and now I'm going to melt down some scrap lead. 

2 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

But... I got to be on here at 6:00, the garden is now planted, the camper is opened up, the boat is cleared off and now I'm going to melt down some scrap lead. 

I’m exhausted just from reading that!

34 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I’m exhausted just from reading that!

Me too! But now the potted plants are all in too. 

41 minutes ago, Michigan Slim said:

Nothing here gets potted.

Well….almost nothing. 

1 hour ago, Michigan Slim said:

You say you brought the pot plants inside? Do you live in Colorado too?

7 hours ago, Michigan Slim said:

Yes I have, and did it once after I retired! Checked my voicemail and handled things for a couple days. Sad

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

You say you brought the pot plants inside? Do you live in Colorado too?

Not allowed to do that..... 

Archived