SASS Wire Forum

Dang it!

I was about to post a philosophical gem that just occurred to me when I got a text saying UPS just delivered my amp and by the time I went down to the road, picked it up, put in the house and returned to my sunset watching spot….well, you know. :blink:

E8A53EE3-4E34-4116-BC5D-FC0C8A64F6D4.jpeg

I know what?

1 minute ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

This whole Russian deal is going to dry up the world's supply of tubes.

Solid state and modeling amps are quickly going to become the only amps available.

Old Soviet technology has it’s place. :(

10 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

This whole Russian deal is going to dry up the world's supply of tubes.

Solid state and modeling amps are quickly going to become the only amps available.

I keep hearing through sources that there's a company ramping up to make tubes here in America.  My bass amp uses AT7's for the preamp.  The 3 tubes it came with will likely last a couple of decades.  But I have a few spares just in case. 

4 hours ago, Doc Shapiro said:

I keep hearing through sources that there's a company ramping up to make tubes here in America.  My bass amp uses AT7's for the preamp.  The 3 tubes it came with will likely last a couple of decades.  But I have a few spares just in case. 

Western Electric gearing up for domestic production of guitar amp tubes to fulfil demand

They are already making other tubes and are looking to expand their line.

If you’re in need of tubes for your older amplifiers, check out Musician’s Friend!

Been around for years and they’ve always come through for me and my guys.  Their old catalogs were a riot to read through.  Really entertaining!!

Archived