SASS Wire Forum

Dillion 650 and 750

Irish Pat

i would to get a 650. has anyone moved up to the 750 yet and what is the difference. and they want sell their old 650. my 650 is set up for 38s. I have all the parts and tool head andpowder measure for  45. i just need another 650 the basic loader. Irish ☘️ Pat

I talked to Dillon when they first came out with the 750 and he told me that the difference between the two is the primer delivery system and that they reworked the geometry of the press so that there was less bounce when the shell advanced to the next stage.   I have both an I like the 750 better but I have also gotten a lot of after market parts for the 650 and it works just as good as the 750.  The roller handle is one of the best upgrades.

Yes, they are completely interchangeable.

Check out Entirelycrimson.com. They have several upgrades for the 650 that'll make it run smooth as butter. Get the bearing index block and cam pin with the bearing.  They are essential.  I have 2-650s. One I bought for just cowboy and I load 2 different 38 loads on. The other I won at Comin-at-cha and use for everything else. 

9 minutes ago, John E. Law said:

Check out Entirelycrimson.com. They have several upgrades for the 650 that'll make it run smooth as butter. Get the bearing index block and cam pin with the bearing.  They are essential.  I have 2-650s. One I bought for just cowboy and I load 2 different 38 loads on. The other I won at Comin-at-cha and use for everything else. 

Nice site, they also have SDB stuff as well.

Last year I bought a 750 to compliment my 650 and have one in LPP and one in SPP. I promptly sold the 650 and bought another 750, I liked it that much. There is nothing wrong with the 650, I prefer the primer set up on the 750 and it does seem a bit smoother.

Ike if you are interested in a 650, Sunrise Bill is bringing one next week to the California State WB Championship to sell. I can put you in touch with him if you'd like? The tool heads are interchangeable, I don't recall having to make adjustments when placing them on the 750.

Tully

I had a 650 and a 550. I liked the primer system on the 550 much better. When they came out with the 750 I bought one, sold the 650. I just think the primer system works better.  Certainly takes the risk of a primer tube detonation out of the equation. (I never had one, they are Rare, but they do happen!) 

I have both 650 & 750 setup side by side on the bench. One is setup for small primer,  other for large. If I was to buy another one or recommend someone to buy their first, it would be the 750. The primer system makes the difference on the 750. After setup, most all other functions are the same. 

Totes

1 minute ago, .44bang said:

How would you compare the 750 to other brands ? 

Well, you don't hear of many folks getting rid of Dillon Presses except to upgrade to a bigger Dillon. It happens and there are great machines out there, but Dillon has earned it's customers' loyalty.

20 minutes ago, .44bang said:

How would you compare the 750 to other brands ? 

Dillon is one of the best presses out there and their no questions asked parts replacement puts them at the top for me. 

Totes

Archived