SASS Wire Forum

Going For The Last Vet Visit..............

Calamity Kris

Why is this always so difficult?

We have come to the determination it is time to let our Kaelyn go.  She hasn't eaten in a couple of days and just looks at us sadly as if to say, "it's time, parents".  She's been a wonderful dog for the 12 years we've had her.  We will miss her greatly.  She will be greeted at the rainbow bridge by dogs Mandy, Bonnie, Buckley, and Booker, her buddy; as well as cats Tigyre, Barron, Tigger and Pongo, her little pal.  

getPart-8.thumb.jpg.6bd5544c971f2a0d23f858c8cdbb30cc.jpg

Bless you Miss K.  We'll see you again some day.

Sad for you and sad with you.  Guide her gently down the path and be there for her ‘til the end.

Peace and comfort to you and don’t wait too long to adopt another friend!

Always very difficult.  Sorry for your loss but I'm certain all those critters got lots of love from y'all. 

Our sincerest condolences Kris. There is never a good time, but at least we can  make the decision to stop the suffering. I say with blurry eyes. We will get mauled one day at the bridge.

Eyesa & Ellie

21 minutes ago, Irish-Pat said:

stay with her don’t leave her alone. I still regret leaving one of my dogs wishing now i had stayed. Irish ☘️ Pat

My wife had to go without me once, never ever since or again.

2 hours ago, Irish-Pat said:

stay with her don’t leave her alone. I still regret leaving one of my dogs wishing now i had stayed. Irish ☘️ Pat

Would never think of doing that.  None of us could handle it.

1 minute ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Lots of pollen and dust in the air.

That was difficult to get through, thank you. 

Sorry for your loss, I’ve had 2 dogs and 2 cats put down in my life. It’s a sad day for sure !:(

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

Sad for you and sad with you.  Guide her gently down the path and be there for her ‘til the end.

Peace and comfort to you and don’t wait too long to adopt another friend!

I don't know that I have ever heard it put any better. I know your sadness all to well, and know that it comes from a love and a void that is left. My condolences.

That's so hard. Been there more times than I care to recall, probably about to happen soon with our 19 yr old pom. It never gets easier, if anything only harder. You'd think old dogs would be considerate enough to just up and die, but it seldom happens that way.

JHC :(

The Power of the Dog, Rudyard Kipling

https://www.bartleby.com/364/335.html

So very sorry.  We let our 14 year old Golden go last October, feels like last week.  It's difficult because we care about them so much, almost as much as they care about us.

Hard as it is we can't stay away from it.  We now have a 4 month old Golden, from the same breeder.  Doing it all again!

Archived