SASS Wire Forum

New to CAS--Lotsa Questions

Shepherd Book

On 5/13/2022 at 7:12 AM, Shepherd Book said:

4.  Do you know of any places that have less than 12-16 months lead time for leather rigs?

Try Jim Hastings he’s in Corinth, MS, excellent work, good prices and the wait time is not too bad, maybe 2-3 months(?).  Email: hastingsholsters@gmail.com

Tel: 662-415-7031

I ordered a leather rig from @Howlin' Wolf of Mernickle Holsters and got it in just a few weeks.  Here is my review of that rig (I liked it so much I bought a 2nd one in Brown): 

I’ll have a review of their SASS Starter Rig coming up next month.  

Absolutely do your homework. No need to rush into anything. This is the BEST community you can join and EVERYONE is here is spot on about try before you buy. LOTS of great leather makers and LOTS of guns to choose from.  I can tell you don’t go too cheap in any of it. You will regret it when you have to buy top quality stuff a few months later. 

There is one other way to go, but it is not for everyone. Buy used stuff expecting it to be "spent" money. In other words, look at it like the money spent on practice ammo. That lets you try out different "flavors" of equipment and what feels best to you.

Archived