SASS Wire Forum

Just got the news

that my wife's older sister is beyond recovery and will be allowed to die once her son and his family get there tomorrow.  My wife died six years ago last Sunday of nearly the same thing: double pneumonia that has gone septic.

GET THE DAMNED PNEUMONIA SHOTS!!  It won't prevent the disease but it will keep if from going septic.  I got mine when we first moved here eight years ago and a year later I got pneumonia.  In the hospital for three days and four nights with no lasting effects.  

Neither my wife nor sister-in-law got the shots

Sad news, Tom... you and yours are in my prayers and thoughts.  

And absolutely, everyone - get the shots!

Sorry to hear this Forty Rod.
After a really bad bout with bronchitis nearly 10 years ago it didn’t take much convincing for me to get the shot. For whatever reason my wife will not. I think I am going to lean on her a little harder about this. 

Our condolences 40, and yes we both have gotten the shot. Thank you.

Eyesa & Ellie

I'm very saddened by the news. You have my deepest condolences. Your warning is noted and taken to heart.

Condolences to you and the family. Yes. I'll get the shot!!

I'm having a hard time with the guilt I feel for not being able to be up there.  The whole family was there for us when Shawna died and I simply can't get there because of my worn out old body and some recent injuries.  I just van't make the trip and feel guilty as hell about it.

My condolences Forty.  I have always been preaching to people to get the shot.  I don't know about the U.S. but, in Canada, the pneumonia shot is free for seniors.

Lost a long time friend last Saturday night.  Spent about an hour this afternoon at the funeral home with his family and a hundred friends.

I won’t be at the funeral tomorrow. I have serious business tomorrow that will have me in another part of the state.  I feel bad about that but it can’t be helped.

Forty!!  Take care of yourself!!  You do nobody any good if you hurt yourself.

My condolences for your impending loss.

Praying for you and your family.

Well!  She went over at 11:45 this morning.  Her husband, who is one of the toughest men I know, is in shock and in seclusion.  I worry about what he may do.

Thanks for all the wishes and prayers.  I'll pass them along to him when I can.

Prayer sent just now. Back in Jan. my sister and her husband died almost exactly 24 hrs apart from secondary pneumonia from Covid. They were both pretty much anti vaxers and  were not immunized against C19 or pneumonia. Pneumonia is a killer. If you're not immunized protect your life and get shot!

JHC

10 hours ago, Capt. James H. Callahan said:

Prayer sent just now. Back in Jan. my sister and her husband died almost exactly 24 hrs apart from secondary pneumonia from Covid. They were both pretty much anti vaxers and  were not immunized against C19 or pneumonia. Pneumonia is a killer. If you're not immunized protect your life and get shot!

JHC

My deepest sympathy.

Archived