SASS Wire Forum

What's the call

56 minutes ago, Tucker McNeely said:

Another good example why the only person to speak or give commands to the shooter is the TO.

Well, there are exceptions, I did along with others on another stage. The shooter had a squib in her pistol.
Unsafe actions would be another reason where other members on a posse should intervene. Example, a target setter starts down range but shooter still has another gun to fire. I saw it happen a couple times, shouldn’t happen but sometimes people aren’t paying attention. 

On 5/13/2022 at 8:11 PM, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

Well, there are exceptions, I did along with others on another stage. The shooter had a squib in her pistol.
Unsafe actions would be another reason where other members on a posse should intervene. Example, a target setter starts down range but shooter still has another gun to fire. I saw it happen a couple times, shouldn’t happen but sometimes people aren’t paying attention. 

Yah, probably on their phone :D

On 5/13/2022 at 7:11 PM, J.S. Sooner, SASS #73526 said:

I was a TO for a shooter when there was a suspected "by the peanut gallery" squib. They all hollered squib on about the 2nd round from the revolver. The shooter started to ground the revolver. I said no its not, that wasn't me. Keep going. The shooter kept going and finished with one miss. That was the round I seen land in front of the target when they all hollered squib. Had the shooter grounded the revolver and no squib found, there would have been no grounds for a reshoot.

On 5/12/2022 at 3:57 PM, john brown said:

Maybe the spotter with the loud mouth should receive a  penalty. 

Just from the description it sounds like it "Should Be" a SPIRIT OF THE GAME penalty for the spotter, but the rules don't currently address harassment from the peanut gallery like it should.

11 minutes ago, Itchy Trigger said:

Just from the description it sounds like it "Should Be" a SPIRIT OF THE GAME penalty for the spotter, but the rules don't currently address harassment from the peanut gallery like it should.

Go back and READ the related comments on page one.

I was running the timer at a monthly shoot when a loudly shouting spotter caused a relatively, (under 1 yr.) new shooter to pause in confusion.  I had the shooter stop, go to the ULT, gather himself and then reshoot.  Talked to the spotter, but they feel adamant that they were in the right.  It was not a safety related holler.

Archived