SASS Wire Forum

S&W Victory .22 POS?

I bought a S&W Victory .22 semi-auto pistol last week.  Had a much better trigger than the Ruger so I bought it.  Took it out yesterday and it would not feed, would not eject, one magazine was so tight the rounds would not go in or come out without a lot of difficulty.  The damn safety kept going on my itself.  Took it back to the dealer who suddenly had a "gunsmith" in the backroom.  The salesman came back out about 20 minutes later and said the "gunsmith" said the gun was fine.  I asked what kind of ammo he was using and the guy said Federal.  I had tried Federal, Remington, Winchester and CCI and none worked worth a darn.  Rather than argue I went back out today and the same results.  Lucky to get through one mag without several jams.  Most magazines had two or three jams per loading if not more.  Most of the time there was an empty case in the chamber as well as the incoming round.  Pain to clear.  Going to call S&W tomorrow.  For those that have one have you had problems?  Did S&W fix the problems or I am stuck with a clunker?  After the fact I did an Internet search and it seems the safety is poorly designed and just goes on by itself and there does not appear to be a fix.  For other problems people tried different things.  Some seemed to work and others did not.  This is the first S&W I have bought that would not function out of the box.  Very frustrating and a waste of scarce ammunition.

Sorry you're having problems.  My Victory runs like a Swiss Watch. 

It's been a number of years since I sent a pistol back to S&W, but I was very pleased with their service on that occasion.  Any chance it came from Davidson's (gun distributer), they have a lifetime replacement guarantee on anything they sell.

My son bought one.   Problem free.  Thinking about buying a second one to set up differently.   S&W quality control seems to have gone down the drain lately.  Friend bought a 617 that went back for misfires.   Then came the 686+  Back to factory for various reasons..   But his luck seems to suck.  The Colt King Cobra he bought has been to factory twice and he told them last time he didn't care if they returned it to him     GW

Archived