SASS Wire Forum

Ohio Constitutional Carry

Seven Mile Tom

Ohio Gov. Mike DeWine signed S.B. 215 into law on March 14. Under the new law, which takes effect June 13, qualified Ohio residents not otherwise prohibited from owning a firearm will no longer need a permit to carry a weapon — either open or concealed.  While many Ohioans may have some issues with our Governor, I was pleased that he signed this bill. In the upcoming election he will be running against a strong anti gun opponent.  

In cases like this, you’re reduced to voting for the “devil you know” and since the opponent is openly anti-gun owner, your choice is pretty limited.

Good on the governor for making the right and proper decision!!

I find it sad these days when voting. I seem to no longer vote FOR, but against.

Governor DeWine signed the Constitutional Carry as well as the “Stand Your Ground” law or, 2901.09 no duty to retreat, effective April 2021.  Not sure I see the devil in these actions. 

11 hours ago, Big-un Bruce said:

Governor DeWine signed the Constitutional Carry as well as the “Stand Your Ground” law or, 2901.09 no duty to retreat, effective April 2021.  Not sure I see the devil in these actions. 

It’s a matter of choices. While Dewine has put his signature to these two pieces of legislation, there are probably a large number of things he has instituted or blocked that, in the minds of other commenters here, are detrimental to the overall quality of life as these people see it. Therefore, when elections roll around, these folks will be faced with either voting for Dewine or his opponent. But in reality, while the rest of his history is distasteful to these voters, they will select his name when voting rather than the name of his opponent.

They’re not actually voting FOR Dewine so much as they are voting AGAINST his opponent, thus preventing a worse candidate for being elected, a possibility that MIGHT happen if they chose not to vote at all!

”THE DEVIL YOU KNOW”

It is almost always a vote for the least of two evils, or at least a vote against the one that offends you the most.

I really don't think that the best individuals for political office are willing to go through the process of getting elected anymore! Being a politician should be more of a civic duty and an imposition rather than a career track.

Archived