SASS Wire Forum

Washington: Large Cap Magazine Ban July 1

Shane Not Sean

The >10 round mag ban goes into effect on July 1 (sale of / purchase of / importation of / manufacture of / distribution of).  I will not go into the intricacies of that new law here.  Rather, I wish to point you to a trusted resource where you can learn about this latest infringement.  Last month's edition of the WAC's Gun News has a good article written by editor Phil Shave on pages 3-4 (there's also a paragraph by Joe Waldron on page 5, and a bill run-down on pages 14-15).  Here's the link if you do not have a copy of the April edition (the May issue is already out and has a Q&A on the bill on page 22, but you won't be able to see that edition on their website yet unless you're a member).

https://washingtonarmscollectors.org/april-gunnews-2022/

I have submitted an article that I've been told will appear in the June edition that picks apart the official rationale (the codified reasoning) for the magazine ban.  But my forthcoming article will not give you any details on how to comply with the new law.  See the previously mentioned WAC articles for that.

If you are not a member of the WAC (WA Arms Collectors), I recommend you go to their site and become one.  Your membership gets you into their monthly gun shows for free and gets Gun News delivered to your home's mail box.

• 2 months later...

Archived