SASS Wire Forum

When is the last time you

Tennessee williams

Never.

This year before EOT.

I carry current copies of all three in my gun cart.

Every 1st week in February for the last 8 years. With the exception of 2020 and 2021 I have been a posse marshal at Winter Range (now EOT) and wanted to be sure I was current on the as published new rules/clarifications/updates as I could get. I enjoy being a TO/RO locally and like to be prepared. For a big match I bring copies in my cart and a new RO card I keep in my hat.

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 minute ago, Krazy Kajun said:

Ah but have you read and carry a copy of the RO3 manual? ;)

Kajun

:)

That is why you have a good assistant posse marshal.

:)

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

never , i read all that applied and complied , but then im not the guy shooting the specialized categories so those did not interest me all that much , i did read all the regs for safety and most of what i needed for the general participation , i try always to comply but i could care less of the obscure items that ill never encounter in wild bunch or gunfighter areas - i cant shoot them anymore , 

my guns are pretty much the norm , my costuming is compliant within my category , i would adjust if requested ,  

i see the value in reading the entire regs , i may take time to do so in the future , i dont shoot BP yet and that would be an area of interest down the road if components become readily  accessible again , 

i always defer to the marshal for calls that need to be questioned and respect those that have that knowledge 

4 minutes ago, Tennessee williams said:

Kajun, who you think wrote it?:ph34r:

I know who wrote it and he don’t live in TN! :ph34r:

Kajun

2 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I've never needed to there's plenty of u all out there to let me know when I've had an error in judgment.

Hells Comin  

Like being reminded to load yer guns?:P

A couple of months ago, at our first match of 2022.

I try to keep the handbooks in the gunwagon.

I've never read all the way through. I just look up stuff and sometimes browse.:o

I read it every year or so. Have not read the R O ones in a few years however.

Look stuff up everytime I see a WTC thread... then compare that to the early ones I have... sometimes give that answer just to mess with Pale Wolf... :ph34r:

15 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

When is the last time you read all the way through your handbook and RO1 and RO2 material?

No cheatin', I really want to know. 

Memories of high school in the early sixties then college, I do remember that reading and retaining what I just read seems to not go far. :)

As a retired RO Instructor, I have taken a refresher in I and II in last year or so. Of course because Sassy wanted to take them.  I suggest that many wearing those  pins have possibly never had a  refresher or at least in  quit some time.  

28 minutes ago, Billy Boots, # 20282 LTG-Regulator said:

Memories of high school in the early sixties then college, I do remember that reading and retaining what I just read seems to not go far. :)

Fumes tend to do that to a fella. PerFUMES are the worst.

20 minutes ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

"Doesn't" Kajun, doesn't.

If'n you wuz borned and razed whar I wuz you'd knowed my gramer iz proper! :D

Kajun

Until SASS puts a picture of a Race Horse, Moonshine Still and a Football on the front of the RO manuals, ain't nobody

in Kentucky, Tennessee or Alabama gonna read all of those manuals.

:lol:

..........Widder

3 minutes ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Until SASS puts a picture of a Race Horse, Moonshine Still and a Football on the front of the RO manuals, ain't nobody

in Kentucky, Tennessee or Alabama gonna read all of those manuals.

:lol:

..........Widder

People from Alabama can read? Who knew...

Archived