SASS Wire Forum

Hodgdon Tight Group in 8-lb jugs

Thanks for the heads up but they will only allow you to  purchase 1 jug and with the shipping and hazmat I suspect the cost to be close to $300.  Now if one could get 2 or 4 this would justify the shipping and hazmat fees.  When will this end?

ya , vote your disappointment whenever you get the chance , im going to , we are going thru the most clandestine attack our guns have ever experienced and we cant even see where its coming from , 

Thanks for the heads up.  I was able to get 4 8lb jugs.  I will now be set for all summer and maybe longer/

1 hour ago, Nickel City Dude said:

Thanks for the heads up.  I was able to get 4 8lb jugs.  I will now be set for all summer and maybe longer/

Wow! Is that a whole family investment?

Nearly 70,000 rounds over the summer!

7,000 gr. per pound, 3.2 gr. per cartridge (125 gr. bullet) equals 2187 rounds per pound times 32 pounds of powder equals 69,984 cartridges.

That is a boatload of primers.

BTW if you need I am adoptable! :P

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

1 hour ago, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Wow! Is that a whole family investment?

Nearly 70,000 rounds over the summer!

7,000 gr. per pound, 3.2 gr. per cartridge (125 gr. bullet) equals 2187 rounds per pound times 32 pounds of powder equals 69,984 cartridges.

That is a boatload of primers.

BTW if you need I am adoptable! :P

Regards

Gateway Kid

This powder is for more than just me.  But I plan on doing a lot of shooting this summer along with plenty of reloading.

On 5/10/2022 at 11:03 AM, Gateway Kid SASS# 70038 Life said:

Out of stock as of 11 am Mountain

Next shipment expected in two weeks

Regards

Gateway Kid

I got an email at 1:41 PM Sunday that more Tightgroup was in stock.  Price is $196/jug.  Direct from Hodgdon is $235.03/jug and unavailable.

Archived