SASS Wire Forum

Video of the 45-70 derringer

Chantry

The first shot (the .410 shell) is a bit after the 3:00 mark.  They only fired 2 45-70 rounds.  The recoil appears to be a bit on the stout side

Link: 

Them boys is scary.

To load an American Derringer, the very first thing you do is pull the hammer back slightly and put the damn safety on, so the hammer is not sitting on the firing pin, and the firing pin is not protruding through the breach block, (the one) SO WHEN you slap that sucker closed it doesn't go off.

Which you may have noticed, they did not do. Idiots.

And then of course they have the guy shooting the gun that is scared of the gun. That's a real good way to shoot somebody.

Oh, and we can't forget, cock the gun, and then wave it around.

47 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Them boys is scary.

To load an American Derringer, the very first thing you do is pull the hammer back slightly and put the damn safety on, so the hammer is not sitting on the firing pin, and the firing pin is not protruding through the breach block, (the one) SO WHEN you slap that sucker closed it doesn't go off.

I have a Davis derringer that has protruding a firing pin depending on which barrel fired last. I decided a long time ago that it’s going to be a “sell it to them” (buy back) gun. Since I made that decision I haven’t encountered a “buy up crap guns with tax money” event. 

11 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

A bit?:lol:

Just a little bit  :P:lol:

I've heard gun store stories (which probably means grossly exaggerated) of "big, tough biker types" buying these, firing them once and then they end up on the used shelf at the gun store.

I have three rifles chambered in 45-70 and I like the cartridge, but there is no way am I going to buy a handgun chambered in 45-70.

I have one of those little NAA 22 mag revolvers. It is loud and not very pleasant to shoot! Can't keep the kitty bitty grips tight either, although never loc tited them. That 45 70 appears to be brutal.

I wonder: 

Try a Holy Black load in that beast!

Or, if you're a wimp, (Like Me!) load it down with TB and a Dacron filler.

Archived