SASS Wire Forum

Steampunk Category

DeaconKC

I know it's not an official category, but it sure gave me the smiles shooting with some of these folks. Is there an "un-official" idea path for this?

Rolan Krapps is the unofficial father of Steam Punk as far as I know, he set up some guidelines for the category for clothing and guns but I don’t have any idea where too find them and to my knowledge they are followed quite loosely!

Found the archived page and read through it. Gonna ignore/argue the point of no SxS shotguns allowed, as a proper Victorian/Edwardian Era Gentleman would certainly wield one!

5 hours ago, DeaconKC said:

Found the archived page and read through it. Gonna ignore/argue the point of no SxS shotguns allowed, as a proper Victorian/Edwardian Era Gentleman would certainly wield one!

I never felt that the Gunfighter style should be excluded, especially since, when asked for a reason, the reply was “Because I said so!”

2 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I never felt that the Gunfighter style should be excluded, especially since, when asked for a reason, the reply was “Because I said so!”

It's not an official category so just write whatever rules you want for your club.  Just saying.

32 minutes ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

I'm convinced that the reason Gunfighter was excluded was to keep me out of it.  

Yea!! yea, that's it, that's it, me too! You're right, they're just skeered of real shooters. 

2 hours ago, Preacherman said:

Yea!! yea, that's it, that's it, me too! You're right, they're just skeered of real shooters. 

They wanted to handicap us Outlaws!! :ph34r: :lol:

1 hour ago, Tennessee williams said:

@DeaconKC, I'd pay extra on my entrance fee if you wore a KFC bucket on yer head as a hat. Maybe glue a pocket watch and some gears on it too! The name DeaconKFC would catch on then!

Buddy, I almost sprayed coffee on that one! Next 'nanner splits on me[and if you make me laugh, might be on you too!].

19 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

If there was ever a revolver in Steam Punk spirit, this is it! https://www.forgottenweapons.com/early-automatic-pistols/webley-fosbery/

That and the LeMat.   I'd also consider the Nagant.   It's such a goofy revolver design, it'll even work with a silencer.

Archived