SASS Wire Forum

This dang wind!!

It usually slacks off at sunset. Not tonight! :angry:

:ph34r:  We're finishing our third day in a row, 25-35 steady, with some MUCH stronger gusts.  Canceled our match yesterday.  South-westerly, so you'll likely have another day or so of it.  We're not predicted to be rid of it until Tuesday night.  Batten your hatches!

Springtime is usually windy in our desert, but it runs in cycles, and THIS year is one of those exceptional ones.

I'll be replacing some more shingles on my store roof .....

I’ll need a wee snack before bed to ward off the chill. ;)

6411F6EF-4A68-444D-B600-C8D8BE6363D5.jpeg

We get winds here but this week has been especially strong. The damn red dust gets everywhere.  Now my Dish is out, couldn't be reset remotely and can't get a tech here until Friday :angry:

It’s been windy at my place too, but they are slacking off at sunset. I am not a big fan of wind but at least this wind is coming off the ocean and not from the desert. I despise the Santa Ana winds here. 

Sorry about that UB, it was just my posting to defend our SALOON pards.

20179196-furious-emoticon.jpg.becea5c41de73e62f5d0766e9198dfee.jpg

I haven't seen the figures from yesterday but it was supposed to hit 50 mph here with a high potential for forest fires. We are on Stage 1 fire restrictions and going to Stage 2 tomorrow. The Crooks fire is still hot in areas so they are not calling it 100% contained. It would take a lot to get to us but last year we spotted idiots camping not far from us with campfires during restrictions so we called them in.

The San Rafael fire started Saturday and due to the winds grew to 10,000 acres in 24 hours.

https://inciweb.nwcg.gov/incident/article/8100/68497/

It's been on and off in the Fresno area the past few weeks and unusually cold wind. A gust came up and  tore the awning off my new trailer. Allergies are at max. Now to get ready for the hot days.

Got up early to spray some weeds before the wind started…..

but it never stopped last night! :angry:

Saturday and Sunday were windier than a politician full of pintos and onions.  Got some rain squalls on Sunday.  California Highway Patrol had chain requirements on I-80, Hwy. 50 and other Sierra roads.  So look for some snow on its way to you.

String him up!

23 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Bob, get yourself a kite and go outside to fly it. The wind will stop. :rolleyes:

I shot a kite with my Stoeger once. It was fun. :lol:

Welcome to my World. :)

Long Hunter

Top 10 Windiest Cities in the US [Update 2022]

The title must have triggered you to be right here, reading this. If you are from a hot and humid city, you must love wind.

Yet, there are some cities in the world which are the windiest. People hate to be there and the speed of the wind is tremendous. Wellington, New Zealand, is the windiest city in the entire world. The speed of the wind there is more than 16 miles per hour.

Nonetheless, you can also find these kinds of cities in the US. Here goes a list of the windiest cities in the US:

1. Amarillo, Texas

Out in my neck of AZ, we hit 56 MPH yesterday afternoon....that means a chicken can lay the same egg at least 3 times.......

I have a few spots in my yard where I like to relax and read while having coffee or something else to drink. Sometimes it depends on the weather which spot is best. When it's very windy from the usual direction I can sit on the other side of our chain link fence that has honeysuckle covering the fence. I can sit there when it's  cold and windy and feel warm in the sun with no wind.

Archived