SASS Wire Forum

Well...

I was watching this show and there was this woman telling about a bunch of fun stuff to do. After a few minutes I realized I was watching one of those religious shows and she was listing out sins. Dang it.

I got in trouble in Sunday school once because I wanted verification on what the teacher was telling us was sinful. I told her I didn’t believe her. Turns out questioning Sunday school teachers is a sin too! Whoda thunk it?

2 hours ago, Tennessee williams said:

I was watching this show and there was this woman telling about a bunch of fun stuff to do. After a few minutes I realized I was watching one of those religious shows and she was listing out sins. Dang it.

I must've seen the same show. I gotta tell ya, I was a bit disappointed that she didn't come up with anything new.

Line from The Big Chill  "I was in Montreal at the time."  The statute of limitations has run out on most of that stuff and she cant provide a witness on the rest.

Imis

Way way back, when I was Deputy Les Hare, my daughters were preschoolers and we looked for a Kindergarten for them.  We found one and being the community it was, it was Catholic. One of the Sisters was Sister Henrietta.  Must keep the secret (SECRET) that when the girls’ mother (aka, ‘practice wife’) was in third grade, Sister Henrietta was known to the class as 54177Y H3N.

Almost everything that I enjoy is illegal, immoral, fattening, or expensive as hell!!

WASSUPWIDAT???

17 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I got in trouble in Sunday school once because I wanted verification on what the teacher was telling us was sinful. I told her I didn’t believe her. Turns out questioning Sunday school teachers is a sin too! Whoda thunk it?

I recall being a youngster in Sunday School and the teacher was listing out various sins. Genuinely ignorant I asked him what adultery was.  Crickets, I was totally ignored. After asking several more times with still no reply my friend whispered to me “I think it’s something adults do.”  Never did find the answer until long after.

Seamus   

3 minutes ago, Seamus McGillicuddy said:

I recall being a youngster in Sunday School and the teacher was listing out various sins. Genuinely ignorant I asked him what adultery was.  Crickets, I was totally ignored. After asking several more times with still no reply my friend whispered to me “I think it’s something adults do.”  Never did find the answer until long after.

Seamus   

Until I was a teen I thought Adultery was a term for "acting like an adult".

Archived