SASS Wire Forum

Won't hold it any longer.

The recent Thread from @Branchwater Jack SASS #88854

Snip-it_1652037429889.jpg.f2a51e4bc764b56a7e709c5eda89a740.jpg

which prompted these replies from @Tyrel Cody

Snip-it_1652037214122.jpg.d3c27670a701ff3fbdd40fd36faa564a.jpg

Snip-it_1652037389586.jpg.84b20e5fcd5a926166a071761edfacc6.jpg

is an old issue that apparently needs some clarification. 

Not that it will change anyones perception, but will set the record straight, at least from my perspective.

There is a HUGE difference between what gets posted to the WIRE and what gets posted to the SALOON.

It's like the song from "Oklahoma", only replace "farmer" with "Saloon" and "cowman" with " Wire".

Snip-it_1652038207695.jpg.31a83091a818de118f40a0bbd1680fb2.jpg

On the WIRE, discussions for the most part are either technical, CAS event related or WTC questions, etc.

Some jovial banter may be included along with pictures relating to the issues being discussed.

The SALOON on the other hand is a place to unwind, enjoy a laugh, make fun of everyday topics or even each other, a sort of respite from either a stressful day, or to merely relax.

Case in point:

This leadership points issue that some have a problem with has its faults.

Personally it isn't fair that the point system for the WIRE Forum and SALOON Forum are combined. I believe they should be separate. WHY? IMHO the expertise and firearm knowledge that is displayed on a daily basis on the WIRE Forum is more valuable from a Reputation standpoint then what gets posted in the SALOON. After all, it's about Cowboy Action Shooting.

Until that issue is resolved, we needed to show...

000-Respect-give-it-get-it.thumb.jpg.f1a971dd515d89c952855cdd40e178f8.jpg

Although it appears that postings in the SALOON are simple, some of us spend a lot of time researching and creating our Threads either for the enjoyment of our readers, or to impart some interesting knowledge. We also have the ability to personalize our posts.

When was the last time you paid attention to a Post and gleaned a bit of info regarding a birthday or an anniversary and later posted about it?

If fact, when was the last time you( @Tyrel Cody) created a Thread yourself? Wasn't in 2022 so far as I could see. Yes, I checked. Took a while to go through 80+ pages of posts, but that's what we in the SALOON do.

Let's learn to play together as well as extend some

Snip-it_1652036634572.jpg.f236759f95a73c77cdcdd4f55443e493.jpg

I'm through. 'Nough said.

Thanks for listening,  or in this case, reading.

Not real sure why you felt the need to mention me at all as I was merely pointing out to my friend Branchwater how to get to the top of the points system.

I did not mention you or anyone else and quite honestly could care less how much or how little you(or anyone) posts here or elsewhere. 

There really is no reason for me to start a thread.  Actually until a few days ago I hadn't posted or commented at all this year and very little in 2021. Hmmm, I think I'll go back to to doing that and just stay away.

Enjoy the rest of your day, I am.

Ya. Everything is cool here. I, too, was upset when someone decided to use the saloon as a dumping ground for a thread that should have just been deleted in the first place.

Stepping up to the bar with me, let me buy you a drink.

Just to be clear, I was merely using the point system as a parody of an argument that other people have made about overall scoring issues in cowboy action shooting.

Never really paid that much attention to it, and I was joking about it, and then honestly surprised to find out that I in fact made it to the top of the leader board.

6 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

Just to be clear, I was merely using the point system as a parody of an argument that other people have made about overall scoring issues in cowboy action shooting.

Never really paid that much attention to it, and I was joking about it, and then honestly surprised to find out that I in fact made it to the top of the leader board.

For the record, that's how I took it and found it amusing. I mean really, what does a s#@t ton of points get you anyway?

You missed the point of the OP.

You were quoted as it was directed at your underlying sarcasm regarding our SALOON posts.

3 hours ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

So wait. Does this mean I can quit polishing this buckle with the typewriter on it for you?

This prompts me to start a new thread. Dare I??

Double dog dare!

4 minutes ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

4-E8352-B9-804-A-41-B0-83-CA-6-D92168730-F6.jpg

"Choot 'im!"

Archived