SASS Wire Forum

For Tonight's Viewing Experience...

Nineteen Fifty Three - Svengoolie is bringing us The House of Wax, with Vincent Price.  :)

One of the creepiest films of all time ~ grab yer popcorn!  :lol:

Originally filmed in 3-D  ^_^

4 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Nineteen Fifty Three - Svengoolie is bringing us The House of Wax, with Vincent Price.  :)

One of the creepiest films of all time ~ grab yer popcorn!  :lol:

Originally filmed in 3-D  ^_^

My daughter just watched it.  I walked by, and told her that Vincent Price was the scary background voice in Michael Jackson's song, Thriller

When I was a kid, Vincent Price made a movie called, The Tingler... it scared the poop out of me.

10 minutes ago, Sundog said:

My daughter just watched it.  I walked by, and told her that Vincent Price was the scary background voice in Michael Jackson's song, Thriller

When I was a kid, Vincent Price made a movie called, The Tingler... it scared the poop out of me.

OH yeah... I remember!  :rolleyes:

1 hour ago, Sundog said:

...... that was you ??? :huh:

Intro dialog from the original theatrical release of The Tingler.

“I am William Castle, the director of the motion picture you are about to see. I feel obligated to warn you that some of the sensations—some of the physical reactions which the actors on the screen will feel—will also be experienced, for the first time in motion picture history, by certain members of this audience. I say ‘certain members’ because some people are more sensitive to these mysterious electronic impulses than others. These unfortunate, sensitive people will at times feel a strange, tingling sensation; other people will feel it less strongly. But don’t be alarmed—you can protect yourself. At any time you are conscious of a tingling sensation, you may obtain immediate relief by screaming. Don’t be embarrassed about opening your mouth and letting rip with all you’ve got, because the person in the seat right next to you will probably be screaming too. And remember—a scream at the right time may save your life.” (The Tingler, 1959)

Some of the seats in the theater were replaced with special seats that gave a mild electrical shock to the person sitting in it. Can you imagine the reactions when this happened.

A bit of trivia about this movie

It must have been easy for Vincent Price to act alarmed in the sequence in which his museum burns down. Right before the shoot, André De Toth's crew set three "spot fires" in strategic locations. Then the cameras started rolling and everything went downhill. The team quickly lost control of their fires, which merged into a massive inferno that put a hole in the sound stage roof and singed Price's eyebrows. But because the rapidly melting wax mannequins would've been very hard to replace, de Toth kept on filming, even as firemen arrived to help extinguish the flames.

Archived