SASS Wire Forum

Question for the Canadians

While discussing a future trip to the Edmonton, Canada area the question was raised:  "Does Canada have a 911 emergency number like the USA?"

For those that don't know, in the USA if you dial 911 it will connect you with the local Emergency/Police/Fire dispatcher.  If you are using a land line it will also tell them your location.

What number do Canadians dial in the event of an emergency to get help?

Thanks,

Angus

I don't know ....... :mellow:

But here in Australia the number is "000".

.... however, due to the proliferation of American tv shows, folks have been known to try 911 in an emergency.

... of course this does not work and valuable time is lost when trying to call in an emergency .

There was a show "911 Emergency" where the broadcast network displayed  "in Australia the number to dial is 000"  

:excl:

28 minutes ago, Black Angus McPherson said:

While discussing a future trip to the Edmonton, Canada area the question was raised:  "Does Canada have a 911 emergency number like the USA?"

For those that don't know, in the USA if you dial 911 it will connect you with the local Emergency/Police/Fire dispatcher.  If you are using a land line it will also tell them your location.

What number do Canadians dial in the event of an emergency to get help?

Thanks,

Angus

In Canada it is 911 also.

17 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

I don't know ....... :mellow:

But here in Australia the number is "000".

.... however, due to the proliferation of American tv shows, folks have been known to try 911 in an emergency.

... of course this does not work and valuable time is lost when trying to call in an emergency .

There was a show "911 Emergency" where the broadcast network displayed  "in Australia the number to dial is 000"  

:excl:

In Australia, although it is 000, by cell phone it is 112.

45 minutes ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

I know various countries in Europe have different emergency numbers

EU = 112

Great Britian & Hong Kong = 999

New Zeland = 111 (yes, I know NZ is not in Europe)

2 minutes ago, Red Gauntlet , SASS 60619 said:

Neither is Hong Kong.

..... didn't Great Britian un-EU itself just recently ?  :huh:

Archived