SASS Wire Forum

Anyone Wake Up In The Morning With a Song Stuck In Their Head?

Cypress Sun

I do. Every morning it's usually a different song. Even though I haven't seen the show in years, this is this morning's song. At least, I like the song.

Ear Worm. I had just got rid of Jay and the Americans’ This Magic Moment. Now it’s back! :angry:

It's happened to me several times before. 

Had Gimme 3 Steps by Skynyrd stuck in my head for a week one time.  Any time I wasn't actively thinking about something it would start running through my mind.

Guess It's A Small World After All!:D

Just about every morning, today I lucked out and had my favorite group in my head!

Rye, I think you just have a musical soul. Maybe you should take up an instrument.

Start with a Ukelele.

Work up to Bagpipes. :D

31 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

Ear Worm. I had just got rid of Jay and the Americans’ This Magic Moment. Now it’s back! :angry:

Great tune!!! Great group!! You have impeccable taste sir!;)

This morning it was “Tangled Up In Blue” by Bob Dylan.

Yesterday it was “The Story In Your Eyes” by the Moody Blues.

Sometimes a song wakes me up in the middle of the night and I’ll have to get to the computer and search for the lyrics!!  

Between hotrods, guns, family, and songs for the band, it seems like my head’s rattling most of the time!! :rolleyes: :lol:

I always seem to have a song rolling in the background of my mind. Most times they are songs I like, but sometimes they definitely aren't.

54 minutes ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Great tune!!! Great group!! You have impeccable taste sir!;)

I watched some YouTube videos of current musicians of various disciplines listening to Cara Mia for the first time. Priceless reactions. :D

Sometimes I wake up with a song from some terrible commercial ! That’s annoying as all he$&, I have to hurry and listen to something else to get rid of it!:lol:

We run fans at night for "White Noise", and often times radio waves are heard.

Almost always indistinguishable; however, I believe songs in my head when I wake up are as a direct result of the fans.

On another forum someone wrote:

Snip-it_1651876388580.jpg.e85d55c561312f50273fd39ef887cd4a.jpg

2 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... mine doesn't have much of a melody, ... but it is fairly common ......

.... "the sounds of tinnitus" .......

like I said .... not much of a melody ...   :(

On the plus side, you don't get annoyed by the buzzing of them pesky mosquitoes. :ph34r:

3 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... mosquitoes can't stay in tune ......   :angry:

My mosquitoes carry the tune just fine! 

Now! If they could just find the right key and stay in time!! :angry:

4 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

.... mine doesn't have much of a melody, ... but it is fairly common ......

.... "the sounds of tinnitus" .......

like I said .... not much of a melody ...   :(

I know that tune. It’s kind of high pitched but it has no beat so you can’t dance to it. :lol:

i do , not all that often , but when it does its generally one id like to shake off but seem hard to dislodge - even when i try to find a replacement 

About 15 years ago I got a new tooth crown.  It acted as a crystal and caught a radio frequency.  It  played music all night long over a weekend.  I could always hear it, and my wife could hear it if I opened my mouth.

The following Monday I went back to the dentist.  He said he'd seen it once previously.  He ground a bit off of the crown to change its frequency and the programming disappeared.  He jokingly asked me what station I wanted.  

On 5/6/2022 at 8:49 PM, watab kid said:

i do , not all that often , but when it does its generally one id like to shake off but seem hard to dislodge - even when i try to find a replacement 

Sometimes the subconscious takes over and you’re just along for the ride.

41 minutes ago, LawMan Mark, SASS #57095L said:

My morning alarm ring tone...

GREAT TUNE!!!  We used to play that song almost every show!!

Every time I hear the song Night Moves...it brings a smile to my face, good (and somewhat sad) memories to mind. Many years ago now, but I still remember.

Okay, I have to blame this on Subdeacon. Just seeing "Polka" in header. This morning after going through mail and post. I started humming this, and have been for several hours now while cleaning the garage and workbench. Now hopefully I won't wake up humming it.

night moves and take another little piece of my heart seem to reoccur with regularity , im sure its a bit psychological and maybe a little dated but i seem to revisit even when something else was playing ,  

Archived