SASS Wire Forum

Growing old can be hilarious

Laughing through my tears. ;)

I'm so old, I get nostalgic when I see neolithic cave paintings.

I know I'm old when I get a phone call at 10:00 a.m., and they say: "did I wake you?"

The older I get, the earlier it gets late.

I told my doctor I wanted to stop aging. He gave me a gun.

My wife spends more time wondering what I am thinking, than I spend thinking.

Time waits for no man. Time is obviously a woman. 

I love older women, because they are used to life's disappointments...so...they are ready for me.

I am at the age that, when I am faced with two temptations, I choose the one that gets me home by 9 o'clock.

When you're young, embarrassment is forgetting to zip up your fly. For me, it is forgetting to unzip it. 

As I get to be more and more of a geezer, I remember all the people I have lost, along the way. Then I think to myself, perhaps a tour guide was not the best career I could have chosen

When you are young, you make a lot of noise having fun.  At my age, I make even more noise just bending over.

As I get older, I find I am using my glasses more. When I was young, I just drank out of the bottle.

I realized that I was getting old, when I saw a young woman, walking into the grocery store, and I thought to myself...I wonder what her mother looks like.

:lol:

It's kind of a drag, actually. I always thought an exception would be made in my case.....

But it has many compensations, and there are much worse things.

I have adult grandchildren, with whom I've hiked, skied, camped, traveled, and more. And we have one great-grandchild with two on the way. Not to mention 55 years of marriage soon, God willing. Couldn't have happened if I didn't get old!

5 hours ago, Finagler 6853 Life said:

I have found that as I age, picking something up off the floor/ground requires some forethought and contingency planning.

..... only needed a slight adjustment .......   ;)

1 hour ago, Rip Snorter said:

Whistling as it starts to get dark. Mom, who made it to 89 and is still sorely missed, often used the old adage seen here "Getting old isn't for the faint of heart."

............. nor is it for sissy's .....   ^_^

Ya don't get old and stop riding,,, You get old When you stop riding

Was a nice day to take the Honda Shadow out again to day, two days in a row ...

Jabez Cowboy

1 hour ago, Doc X said:

I was told the easiest way to tell if you're old is to fall down. If everyone laughs, you aren't old. If everyone comes running to help, you're old.

Go to a shoot and have someone younger than you offer to push your cart!!

OK, OK, I'm at the stage of those last two, but I'm going to keep on!!

So There!

bleh-tongue-out.gif

23 hours ago, Noz said:

Go to a shoot and have someone younger than you offer to push your cart!!

I was at a shoot last year and dropped a couple loaded rounds by my cart while I was filling my loading block. I was down on my knees (bad back, can't bend that far) when another shooter walked by. He asked, "Praying Doc?" I quickly answered, "Yeah, praying I can get up!"

The wife told a friend to not be disturbed by my demeanor when she was around.  She explained to the friend that her husband (me) is in my terrible 60s, and the friend nodded knowingly.  

Not so funny when the neighborhood puts up a sign for you. :blink:

s-l400.jpg.f92c36612a87b4427488bd0fec93a37c.jpg

Archived