SASS Wire Forum

Happy Cinco de Mayo

Or as it’s called here on the ranch…..Dia de la Margarita! :D

5EBA1A15-8900-4B76-BD8D-DF97602D9B4C.jpeg

Oh Bobby Bobby Bobby. Don't you know that even though your pistol fires pistol cartridges, and your rifle fires pistol cartridges, your bandolier is supposed to have full size spitzer pointed rifle cartridges in it?

Haven't you ever seen a Mexican revolution Western? :lol:

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

Oh Bobby Bobby Bobby. Don't you know that even though your pistol fires pistol cartridges, and your rifle fires pistol cartridges, your bandolier is supposed to have full size spitzer pointed rifle cartridges in it?

Haven't you ever seen a Mexican revolution Western? :lol:

Of which Mexican Revolution do you speak though? ;)
Cinco de Mayo celebrates the 1860s fracas, not the Villa one.

Besides, I am not historically correct. I wear Jockey shorts and use deodorant.

53 minutes ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I wear Jockey shorts

You had me worried there for a moment. I had to quickly go back and look at the picture again. I was afraid that the picture stopped at the bottom of your vest, and you were saying that you were wearing Jockey shorts in the picture with no pants. :o

From the interwebs:

Cinco de Mayo is a yearly celebration held on May 5, which commemorates the anniversary of Mexico's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, led by General Ignacio Zaragoza. Wikipedia
Significance: Celebration of the Mexican victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862
Celebrations: Parades, food, music, folkloric dancing, battle reenactments
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022
Related to: El Día de la Batalla de Puebla
Observed by: Mexicans, Mexican Americans, and people of non-Mexican heritage

So, I am guessing perhaps Muskets and Swords would be in order.:D

29 minutes ago, Alpo said:

You had me worried there for a moment. I had to quickly go back and look at the picture again. I was afraid that the picture stopped at the bottom of your vest, and you were saying that you were wearing Jockey shorts in the picture with no pants. :o

Too cool here for pantsless.

1 minute ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

From the interwebs:

Cinco de Mayo is a yearly celebration held on May 5, which commemorates the anniversary of Mexico's victory over the French Empire at the Battle of Puebla in 1862, led by General Ignacio Zaragoza. Wikipedia
Significance: Celebration of the Mexican victory over French forces at the Battle of Puebla, on May 5, 1862
Celebrations: Parades, food, music, folkloric dancing, battle reenactments
Date: Thursday, May 5, 2022
Related to: El Día de la Batalla de Puebla
Observed by: Mexicans, Mexican Americans, and people of non-Mexican heritage

So, I am guessing perhaps Muskets and Swords would be in order.:D

Primarily front stuffers, yes. The French never expected the resistance.

Cinco de Mayo is similar to Foster's beer and the empire State building.

Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Australians do not drink Foster's beer, and people that live in New York City do not go to the top of the empire State building.

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo,

We were in Nogales, Mex a few years back. My late in-laws lived in Green Valley at the time, south of Tuscon. It so happened that it was May 5. All of the schools were out for the holiday, and there was a huge parade. This was the first time we saw those fantastic Mexican equestrian clubs at work with terrific precision riding and great costuming. 

Anyway, it was a Cinco de Mayo celebration, and a big one. True, Nogales is a border town, but it's fully Mexican, and this was way bigger than a tourist event. We just stumbled into the holiday; we weren't there for any festivities. So, from personal experience, I say that Mexicans celebrate Cinco de Mayo. Whether it's bigger in one region over another, I don't know.

21 minutes ago, Marshal Dan Troop 70448 said:

LOL, Now we know you wear Jockeys, even though you don't race horses, now what brand deodorant? Hope its not something that will give away your position.

Ballistol. I have to use spray. Can’t find the roll on.

3 hours ago, Alpo said:

Cinco de Mayo is similar to Foster's beer and the empire State building.

Mexicans do not celebrate Cinco de Mayo, Australians do not drink Foster's beer, and people that live in New York City do not go to the top of the empire State building.

I would’ve say they don’t celebrate it. It’s just not a big deal down there. Like Concord and Lexington are not a big deal here. I guarantee they celebrated it in 1872 though. :)

And the Irish don’t eat corned beef and cabbage over there on St Paddy’s Day. :lol:

Archived