SASS Wire Forum

Watch out! Seems like a bogus Standard Manufacturing web site is out there...

portugeejn

Just wasting time before bed, and came across a web site that purported to be Standard Manufacturing (stdgunstore.com) that is bogus.  The thing that made me look further was the fact that they had the Woodsman clone in stock for $700.  They copy the logos and much of the format of the real Standard Manufacturing (stdgun.com), but among other things when you click on Contact Us it takes you to a page that says that you can find the home you always dreamed about and a map of London England.  The domain registrars are completely different also, with the REAL Standard Manufacturing being transparent about the registrant contact and the bogus site registrant contact is listed as "See PrivacyGuardian.org"

Good advice for the internet.  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.

I think you are correct.  My scam site gave it a 28 out of 100 for being legit.

They didn’t have the warning up yet when I looked at it last night. It’s there now. 

Currently, I would say there are more fake scammer sites that real sites. I am looking for a Lyman GPR in flintlock and I found a site that has them in stock at 50% off. Yet the site has many miss-spelled words and odd wording. The address given is for a Credit Union, not a gun store. The local BBB has it listed as a fake site. So, I am going to say the site is fake.

Archived