SASS Wire Forum

Stopped getting email notifications Friday

32 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Not sure what’s going on, but I’ve stopped getting notifications. The last time this happened I had to switch my SASS email from gmail to Yahoo. Anyone else having this problem. 
What email provider do you use?

Gmail, no problem so far 

The only email notifications I have set up are if I get a PM. I got one yesterday. I have Yahoo. 

55 minutes ago, John Barleycorn, SASS #76982 said:

Not sure what’s going on, but I’ve stopped getting notifications. The last time this happened I had to switch my SASS email from gmail to Yahoo. Anyone else having this problem. 
What email provider do you use?

Gmail.

Anyone trying and not getting through?;)

I have Gmail and notifications are sporadic if at all.

I have Gmail and Yahoo. My phone however only updates every 15 minutes. But sometimes it sure seems longer.

In the last 5 minutes I have gotten about 15 notifications. "Somebody or other (father kit, Wallaby Jack, Sedalia Dave, blackwater, etc) has quoted one of your posts." Going back 4 days.

It looks like they have fixed their notification software.

11 minutes ago, Alpo said:

In the last 5 minutes I have gotten about 15 notifications. "Somebody or other (father kit, Wallaby Jack, Sedalia Dave, blackwater, etc) has quoted one of your posts." Going back 4 days.

Same here just got bombed , I’m now done deleting 

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

4 days… My notifications have not worked for a long time. 

I have over 100 notifications so far. My mail bomb will hopefully finish soon.

Hopefully notifications is really fixed for everyone.

The weirdest thing just happened. I received 7 notifications for PMs that I received last week just a moment ago.

19 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

The weirdest thing just happened. I received 7 notifications for PMs that I received last week just a moment ago.

Somewhere on the server is a file or directory full of notifications which were queued but had not gone out; this info may be in a database. 

Looks like the queue might be flushing. Is it days or weeks or longer?

9 hours ago, Eyesa Horg said:

I have Gmail and Yahoo. My phone however only updates every 15 minutes. But sometimes it sure seems longer.

Funny, I just got 3 dozen wire notifications from last week!!

I get wire notifications at the top of the SASS page, I get email notifications there also and also they’re in my email box .

Yep Ruby is the best. I had tried changing my email the other day and never would receive the validation email. So I switched back to my first email and didn't get it for that one either. Sent Ruby a email with explanation of what had happened and in no time I had received all the validation emails and was able to get back onto the wire. 

Kudo's to Ruby for the help, greatly appreciated.

17 minutes ago, Slapshot said:

Yep Ruby is the best. I had tried changing my email the other day and never would receive the validation email. So I switched back to my first email and didn't get it for that one either. Sent Ruby a email with explanation of what had happened and in no time I had received all the validation emails and was able to get back onto the wire. 

Kudo's to Ruby for the help, greatly appreciated.

She’s a honey! I ordered a new SASS  cap and the shipping was almost as much as the cap! I didn’t say anything.
Ruby called me and said the shipping was wrong so they credited my credit card for the difference. Nice girl!!!

I'm still getting notified of posts I follow, but have stopped as of today getting notified of likes etc. 

Archived