SASS Wire Forum

Mickey D's

5 hours ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

I wasnt aware they’re antigun. They don’t have NO Guns signs around here anyway. Could you tell me why they’re antigun? 
I looked up antigun companies and didn’t find them. I did find where they are “gun neutral “ along with many others.

Maybe 30 years ago (July 18, 1984) some guy shot up a Mickey D down San Diego way in San Ysidro, killed 21 people and wounded 19more in 77 minutes.  The old lady whose husband (Ray Crock?) had started the company which she had inherited took the whole shebang and started an anti-gun movement and became a spokeswoman for a few others, and contributed tons of the public's money to more.

I never set foot in one gain.  It may have changed its stance since then but it's too little, too late.   I can't forget and won't forgive.

FWIW the guy used a Browning High Power, an Uzi(?). and a Winchester 12 gauge model 1200, all legal at the time, even in California.  California way back then didn't allow people to carry weapons, either, so they were easy targets.

Police sniper took the guy out through a broken window.

6 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Maybe 30 years ago (July 18, 1984) some guy shot up a Mickey D down San Diego way in San Ysidro, killed 21 people and wounded 19more in 77 minutes.  The old lady whose husband (Ray Crock?) had started the company which she had inherited took the whole shebang and started an anti-gun movement and became a spokeswoman for a few others, and contributed tons of the public's money to more.

I never set foot in one gain.  It may have changed its stance since then but it's too little, too late.   I can't forget and won't forgive.

FWIW the guy used a Browning High Power, an Uzi(?). and a Winchester 12 gauge model 1200, all legal at the time, even in California.  California way back then didn't allow people to carry weapons, either, so they were easy targets.

Police sniper took the guy out through a broken window.

Yea they’ve changed their stance. They’re “neutral “ on their gun policy.

If I see a No Gun sign I don’t go in unless I’m with a group of people and can’t avoid it. I’d never go back though. 

8 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Oh some do...by the hundreds  :( 

I WAS going to have some breakfast...I think I'll either pass on it or wait a while.

9 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

Oh some do...by the hundreds  :( 

HOLY MOLY!!!:wacko:

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

Yea they’ve changed their stance. They’re “neutral “ on their gun policy.

If I see a No Gun sign I don’t go in unless I’m with a group of people and can’t avoid it. I’d never go back though. 

Like I said: too little, too late, but then again I suppose there are some people who have forgotten Jane Fonda, too.

32 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Like I said: too little, too late, but then again I suppose there are some people who have forgotten Jane Fonda, too.

Jane Fonda will never be forgiven for what she did! Mickey D's is a little different and since they changed their gun policy years ago I'm okay with them.

29 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Are you talking about Hanoi Jane or Barbarella Jane?   Totally unforgettable but for two different reasons.....

LL

download.jpg

fonda-1972jpg-6e9ff51cb37cdb78.jpg

I walked out of a restaurant this morning after waiting nearly forty minutes for them to deliver a slice of bread pudding....after the s---head waiter came back three times to ask what I had ordered.  The other four guys in the party got theirs well before I walked out.

In the last year or so I have scratched a dozen restaurants off my list of places to go.  Service is not satisfactory in some, way over-priced in others ($1.49 for a 3" x 3" paper thin slice of cheddar cheese to sit beside a $6.95 1/6 slice of apple pie that wasn't fit to eat in a place with "Apple" in its name.

On the way home I bought a Mrs. Smith's lattice top apple pie (which I know is decent, if not marvelous) and a quarter pound of extra sharp cheddar all for $7.66, and got a coupon for another pie half off.

We had a customer that owned seven McDonald's locations. He said he eat breakfast at one in rotation every morning. And when he traveled he eat at McDonald's or some other fast food place. We explained our preference for cafés and diners.   When he came to pick up his order,  he gave us some McDonald's coupons.  We thanked him but gave them away to kids or something. 

If ya'll want a breakfast sandwich from a national chain that is anywhere near tasteful, try Wendys. The Baconator is actually pretty good, not saying it's good for ya, just saying that it tastes better than BK, McD and most all of the other chains out there. The apathetic, couldn't give a s%@t employees at most all places of business have steered me into going to non-franchised merchants.

OP - The last time I went to McD's was before the plaque, the kiosks were just coming out then. I'm not a cell phone person nor a technology person...actually, I hate cell phones...but if I can't talk to a live person at the counter, I'm done. The order is over, I'll go somewhere else. Life is too short and it's my money...treat me like a customer.

7 hours ago, Loophole LaRue, SASS #51438 said:

Are you talking about Hanoi Jane or Barbarella Jane?   Totally unforgettable but for two different reasons.....

LL

download.jpg

fonda-1972jpg-6e9ff51cb37cdb78.jpg

Packaging doesn't change the contents.

We also prefer Wendy's when stopping for mystery food. The chicken sandwiches and burgers are pretty good. Never tried breakfast.

1 hour ago, Eyesa Horg said:

We also prefer Wendy's when stopping for mystery food. The chicken sandwiches and burgers are pretty good. Never tried breakfast.

I like their fries better than any if the fast food joints! I agree about the sandwiches!

We did stop a Wendy's occasionally and order off their dollar menu. But the last time we stopped they just gave us empty cups.  I went back up and asked for ice water.   The gal said I had to get it out of the drank jukebox looking thing with poke screen. I told her I didn't know how to use it. The drink fountains were right behind her. But she took me to the machine and went 7 layers deep in menus to get to water. Last time we stopped in.

I like the Hardee’s/Carl’s Jr breakfast chicken biscuit with bacon and cheese!!

They recently added a country fried steak biscuit!  I like it with bacon and cheese as well!!

It’s STILL all fast food that can be much better when you make it yourself at home!

5 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

They recently added a country fried steak biscuit!  I like it with bacon and cheese as well!!

It’s STILL all fast food that can be much better when you make it yourself at home!

True enough! If I’m out working I usually take a sandwich and banana with me but once in a great while I’ll stop at a fast food joint if I don’t have anything at home.

Used to prefer Burger King, but about ten years ago they got dropped off my list.  I now like Wendy's better than the other fast food places, but I still prefer a Mom and Pop hometown restaurant if I have the time.  Several of them around this neck of the woods.

OT but does anyone remember when Arby's first came out they actually had a guy carving roast beef behind the counter! They then switched to some kind of a lunch meat that they use now. It's still not too bad though. Their waffle fries are pretty good.

10 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

I had forgotten about Hardee's. I like their biscuits and gravy. Breakfast sandwiches aren't bad either. Only problem is that most of the Hardee's have closed around here, surprising since Pinellas County is quite populated. I guess it's because of the glut of McD's and others.

1 hour ago, Rye Miles #13621 said:

OT but does anyone remember when Arby's first came out they actually had a guy carving roast beef behind the counter! They then switched to some kind of a lunch meat that they use now. It's still not too bad though. Their waffle fries are pretty good.

I like Arby's roast beef sandwiches with the Arby Sauce and the potato cakes. We didn't go to Arby's much when I was a kid so I don't remember the guy carving the roast beef, just the automatic slicer that cut the beef to order. Back then,Arby's sandwiches were always 3 or 4 times the cost of a cheeseburger from McD's or BK and McD's/BK had good burgers at that time. McD's, BK, Arby's and KFC were within 2 blocks on the main drag (Gulf to Bay/SR 60) in Clearwater back then and still are.

Archived