SASS Wire Forum

Sometimes I need to remember my wife's advice

Doc Shapiro

Some time back I was in a bit of frustration trying to respond to some post or other.  My wife looked at me and said "You can't win a pissing contest with a pr**k".  Sometimes I need to remember her advice. 

At least I have a glass of whiskey (Basil Hayden Dark Rye, if anyone is interested).

Bottles, a round for the house!

Quite often I start to respond to posts or threads then write everything I was going to say then move on without hitting “Submit Reply” to decide whether or not it’s really worth it to respond. Often it is not. The “editor” feature will save your post should you leave then come back and decide you want to post it. 

And DON’T debate with idiots!!

They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

Not the same but it deals with a wife being right. Man, that hurts just to say it.

We were at the cabin last weekend putting down a vinyl plank floor and new gas lights. She says it's good we are getting things like this done now because I'm not getting any younger and won't be able to work like that forever. I turned around to say 'bull$&*^' and couldn't get up off the floor without help........

1 hour ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

And DON’T debate with idiots!!

They’ll drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!!

One of my Sergeant. Majors had a sign in his office that read, "Arguing with a Marine Infantryman is like wrestling with a pig, everybody gets dirty, and the pig loves it".

Archived