SASS Wire Forum

97’ Technique. Grab 4 Vs. 2 from the right.

#1, cudos to you for having Speed with you, and not being shy about showing affection. 

I noticed the 4 over the top you had 97 staged Port up, and 2 from the right was staged Port down. I rarely shoot a 97 but did learn if your rifle is anywhere in the vicinity and shot before your shotgun you better stage the shotgun Port down. I’ve had ejected brass wind up in shotgun! Either thrown from my rifle, or falling off my hat.   If I was going to shoot a 97 (I ain’t!) I’d learn how to do 2 from the right. 

thanks for the videos, and keep up the good work Dad. Trust me, they don’t stay young long. 

8 minutes ago, Hoss said:

#1, cudos to you for having Speed with you, and not being shy about showing affection. 

I noticed the 4 over the top you had 97 staged Port up, and 2 from the right was staged Port down. I rarely shoot a 97 but did learn if your rifle is anywhere in the vicinity and shot before your shotgun you better stage the shotgun Port down. I’ve had ejected brass wind up in shotgun! Either thrown from my rifle, or falling off my hat.   If I was going to shoot a 97 (I ain’t!) I’d learn how to do 2 from the right. 

thanks for the videos, and keep up the good work Dad. Trust me, they don’t stay young long. 

About 16 years ago I had a piece of .38 go in my port and that was after I had staged it port down LOL. Sometimes the bears just gonna get you I guess. 

1 minute ago, Hells Comin said:

Deuce do you have any Double data vs the 97 just curious. 

That’s next on the list. Im going to do the exact same format just 2 from the right 97 Vs. SxS. 

Deuce and Speed,

Thanks for the video and sharing with everyone.

As always, I enjoyed watching you shoot and show varying techniques.   Great runs also.

..........Widder

Enjoyed......and with new hat.

Thank you Deuce  Have you thought about a video showing just two over the top compared to other methods?

Once again a big thank you to you and your son.

Great video Deuce! 

I can't tell you how much your video from years ago on how to shoot the double helped me. 

This new video will definitely help my wife who is trying to improve her times with her 97.

Duece,

Great video, very good skills, both techniques.  I may not have 'em (skills), but I can sure recognize 'em!   If you ever want a dose of humility... do it the way '97 users did in the way back machine... one in the port, close and one in the magazine...  Why I never bothered buying a '97 until Wild Bunch came along!

Archived