SASS Wire Forum

WTB Wild Bunch leather

I am thinking of getting into some Wild Bunch matches and need so leather.  Not looking for anything fancy as I may not stay into WB.  Please let me know what you have and how much.  Scammers need not apply!

WBP

Thanks for the reply but that is a little more rig than I need and I have a larger belly then this will accommodate.

Barleycorn has a nice 100.00 rig on his Facebook page. 

Dude, a single action revolver holster will usually serve double duty as a Wild Bunch holster.  It need only cover the slide forward of the ejection port to be legal.

If you don’t have magazine pouches, the Wild Bunch rules allow ALL shooters to stage magazines and ammunition.  They need not be carried on the shooter’s body.

I just saved you some money.  Welcome to Wild Bunch!

4 hours ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Dude, a single action revolver holster will usually serve double duty as a Wild Bunch holster.  It need only cover the slide forward of the ejection port to be legal.

If you don’t have magazine pouches, the Wild Bunch rules allow ALL shooters to stage magazines and ammunition.  They need not be carried on the shooter’s body.

Thanks for the heads up.  I will check out the fit of my 1911 in some of my holsters.

Hobby Lobby has a holster kit that is easy to put together for $15. Fun little project.

On 5/5/2022 at 5:19 PM, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

Abe

I just tried my 1911 in an extra holster I have hanging around here and it fit great.  Thanks for the help.  BTW I found an 1873 Uberti in 45lc today and I have a 97 shotgun on the way.  I have all the components and dies I need to make ammo.  I guess I am ready to go.  See ya'all at the next Wild Bunch match.

NCD

Just for kicks I bought this as I am starting wild bunch as well , for my magazines 

https://www.ebay.com/itm/203801324772?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=_kVBglCuQ9-&sssrc=2349624&ssuid=aYJqw6FeQz2&var=504241527541&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

My holster is a normal 1911 holster that I use for carrying my 1911 around , it’s leather as well and of the same color of the mag holders.

thespaniard; the ad says it is for double stack magazines, as in 12 rounds. Do you have a gun with double stack magazines?

1 minute ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

thespaniard; the ad says it is for double stack magazines, as in 12 rounds. Do you have a gun with double stack magazines?

No I do not  have a double stack either, I have looked at the tripple pouch and sent the seller a message about weather this pouch is for a standard 45 mag or something else.

I dont know how serious you are about wild bunch but if you want to shoot in state or higher matches the mag pouch must cover a certain portion of the magazine.  Look it up to be sure but I recall 2 inches of the magazine must be covered.  I am not sure these make that measurement.  Bullett 19707

8 hours ago, Bullett Sass 19707 said:

I dont know how serious you are about wild bunch but if you want to shoot in state or higher matches the mag pouch must cover a certain portion of the magazine.  Look it up to be sure but I recall 2 inches of the magazine must be covered.  I am not sure these make that measurement.  Bullett 19707

I am not all that serious about Wild Bunch and only plan to attend local matches.  I am not really very competitive and would prefer a clean match over a great time, but I will take both if possible.  If the Ebay seller ever gets back to me I will post the response here.

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I make these for 25.00 each.

WB mag Pouch.jpg

Can you make one to carry 3 mags and if so what would the price be?

Slim

Sent you  PM

NCD

23 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Yep I have 2 double stack 1911 :)  they are referred as 2011, so I use them both for double and single stack , it’s a tad loose on single stack but won’t fall off from your belt and will be easy to pluck em while doing a mag change during wild bunch.

14 hours ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

I make these for 25.00 each.

WB mag Pouch.jpg

Hey Springfield Slim. Hows my order coming along. I have sent emails and pm's and gotten no reply???

Archived