SASS Wire Forum

Did she do a runner with her 'boyfriend' or has she been taken hostage?

Buckshot Bear

Did she do a runner with her 'boyfriend' or has she been taken hostage?

https://www.news.com.au/world/mystery-surrounds-prisoners-escape-with-corrections-officer/news-story/bd0f10179d59cc0bf4c296ddb70d52aa

A manhunt is underway for a corrections officer and a prisoner who was charged with murder after the pair went missing.

Assistant director of corrections at the Lauderdale County Sheriff‘s Office Vicki White was last seen around 9.30am on Friday when taking the prisoner, Casey White, to a mental health evaluation.

The pair are not related.

A sheriff in Alabama said the officer had helped the inmate escape, the New York Times reports. It’s unclear however, if she did so willingly.

Well, she signed him out to go to a mental health evaluation.  But, there was no evaluation scheduled.  Sooooo.

BS

This is not new. Inmates have been able to target female corrections officers before. Some criminals are expert con artists and manipulators. I suspect this is the case. He may kill her, if he hasn’t already, as soon as she is no longer useful. 
I have always argued against mixing genders and making co-Ed guards a normal thing in prisons and jails. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, watab kid said:

is it over ? i missed it if so , i was sure it wouldn't or wont - surprised its taken this long 

After a chase, they crashed the car. She shot herself in the head. She’s dead. He’s in custody.

I believe he had a 75 year sentence already with no parole. At 38, he’d die in prison. He had to figure on a 100% chance to be recaptured. This was his chance for a nearly two week vacation he’d never get again.

4 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

I believe he had a 75 year sentence already with no parole. At 38, he’d die in prison. He had to figure on a 100% chance to be recaptured. This was his chance for a nearly two week vacation he’d never get again.

All of the scumbags on the block will look up to him as a hero. I hope he rots in prison.

5 hours ago, Dirty Dan Dawkins said:

He's also been indicted for two counts of capitol murder relating to the killing for hire of a woman.  

This case is so bizarre.  Wouldn't it be interesting if they had managed to get married during the past 2 weeks.  He could conceivably be entitled to collect her retirement.  Being her husband, he could be in a position to claim that she died as a result of mental illness that she contracted on the job.  Perhaps a line of duty death claim?  Then he could claim that the state of Alabama was trying to execute him to get out of paying him the pension.  This just gets better and better the more I think about it.

35 minutes ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I guess she’s retired for sure now. :lol:

I feel kinda sorry for her. Apparently a pretty decent person until she fell under the influence of a lifelong predatory conman who knew all the right buttons to push. I guess she had no one to confide in for guidance. Too bad. But it’s not that unusual. 

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Well, she was an adult. I am sure she knew right from wrong. 

You can say that about most cult members too. It’s not a simple thing, the human mind.

1 hour ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

This case is so bizarre.  Wouldn't it be interesting if they had managed to get married during the past 2 weeks.  He could conceivably be entitled to collect her retirement.  Being her husband, he could be in a position to claim that she died as a result of mental illness that she contracted on the job.  Perhaps a line of duty death claim?  Then he could claim that the state of Alabama was trying to execute him to get out of paying him the pension.  This just gets better and better the more I think about it.

No, because she would have been found guilty of official misconduct.

5 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

All of the scumbags on the block will look up to him as a hero. I hope he rots in prison.

They most certainly will. And he will definitely be in max security from now on. At least til he is an invalid.

He’ll be played by Alan Ritchton and she’ll be played by Rene Zeilwieger in the made for TV movie.;)

5 hours ago, Badlands Bob #61228 said:

He could conceivably be entitled to collect her retirement. 

No. Officially, she left on her last day at the job. Her official retirement paperwork was never submitted to the state. When all of this started to unfold, the sheriff officially fired her with cause.

Not sure how it all would have played out, but they were saying that even if she was taken alive, she was not due a retirement anymore.

https://www.al.com/news/2022/05/vicky-white-fired-losing-pension-police-releasing-car-info-set-us-back-alabama-sheriff-says.html

4 hours ago, Utah Bob #35998 said:

I feel kinda sorry for her. Apparently a pretty decent person until she fell under the influence of a lifelong predatory conman who knew all the right buttons to push. I guess she had no one to confide in for guidance. Too bad. But it’s not that unusual. 

I hear what you're saying, but according to newly released prison records, their "situation" has been going on for a couple years.

30 minutes ago, Branchwater Jack SASS #88854 said:

I hear what you're saying, but according to newly released prison records, their "situation" has been going on for a couple years.

Of course. What does that change? Manipulators work over a long period of time. A little bit here, a little bit there. A small lie. A bit of sympathy. A flattering comment. 
Don’t misunderstand me. I am not giving her a pass. I’m not saying she’s not responsible for her actions. I’m trying to explain how she got to that point.  

One of the most articulate and personable inmates you could ever meet is Henry Brisbon. A serial killer so violent they passed a law called the "Brisbon Act", which basically says that if an inmate is on Death Row awaiting execution, if he commits another crime that could result in another trial, the execution date will not be postponed.

Archived