SASS Wire Forum

Pedal Pub DUI

They’re a rolling bar powered by the customers who pedal while perched on barstools. They’re driven around town in the areas where entertainment, drinking establishments, and trendy restaurants are concentrated.

They are for when you want to die, drunk in a horrible fashion. Hey, it's America. 

Pedal Pub = another stupid idea to get people drunk and pedal their own drunk arses and the company rickshaw around town and pay the owner to do it.  

Basically it’s an idea that appeals to narcissistic buttheads so they can say they did it and be seen doing it. 

If I want to drink, I FOR DAMNED SURE don’t want to be hot, sweaty, and out of breath doing it!!

I want a cool, comfortable place to drink and preferably, a nice looking server to take my order and bring it to me!!

Only in a city! :angry:

And most small college towns and minor bergs with an entertainment district.

3 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Evidently they have 'em in Texas, too....   :rolleyes:

Austin. Say no more.

I believe in the freedom to enjoy life and have fun, but I’m sorry, that party bike peddle pub bull**** is just ridiculous. 
“Hey, I have an idea! Let’s build a 15 seater cycle powered by people peddling that has a bar and a bartender that’s as big as a mini bus and has a top speed of 10mph and ride it around in city traffic getting people hammered and charging twice what bars charge AND their work moves us around to pick up and drop off other people as we go!”

The whole thing is just flippin’ stupid. 

2 hours ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

I believe in the freedom to enjoy life and have fun, but I’m sorry, that party bike peddle pub bull**** is just ridiculous. 
“Hey, I have an idea! Let’s build a 15 seater cycle powered by people peddling that has a bar and a bartender that’s as big as a mini bus and has a top speed of 10mph and ride it around in city traffic getting people hammered and charging twice what bars charge AND their work moves us around to pick up and drop off other people as we go!”

The whole thing is just flippin’ stupid. 

STUPID GENIUS!! They usually travel in a small section of the entertainment district where traffic is deliberately slowed or where it’s pedestrian only.  Other scenarios include tour routes where there are trolleys, open carriages, and slow running motorized party busses.  All of these conveyances are licensed, regulated, and taxed and are for profit operations.  They make a lot of money and some people think that they add to the atmosphere of the district. Again! They’re a taxable operation that adds revenue!!

You should remember that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the buying public!!

Also realize that they are electric powered and the “riders” are doing nothing to make it go.  Saw one last weekend, went by loaded with people, then 10 min later it drove by empty.  All an illusion.   the “driver” is the one who has control, the bar patrons look like they are pedaling, but are really just hanging out. 

38 minutes ago, Still hand Bill said:

Also realize that they are electric powered and the “riders” are doing nothing to make it go.  Saw one last weekend, went by loaded with people, then 10 min later it drove by empty.  All an illusion.   the “driver” is the one who has control, the bar patrons look like they are pedaling, but are really just hanging out. 

Thanks. That makes sense. I couldn’t imagine pedaling while drinking. I don’t multi task well.

Not that I’d ever consider getting on one of those things! :wacko:

2 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

Maybe not quite that simple.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a15361715/beer-run-we-test-the-pedalpub-a-16-person-alcohol-fueled-party-bike/

Could be that the partiers provide the power during the tour then the company driver engages an electric to get it back to the barn.

2 hours ago, Still hand Bill said:

The ones around here are capable of moving on their own.  That facilitates getting to and from the district where they operate and moving while unoccupied or under populated.  They DO run on pedal power when the stools are filled.  The district here is several blocks square and no automobiles are allowed during evening hours on weekends, or during special events.

The Bridgestone Arena, the convention center, 2nd Avenue, Lower Broad, and The Ryman Auditorium are all in this area along with numerous bars, restaurants, and tourist attractions.  There are several “pedal pubs” and lots of open air party busses that circulate the area.

There has been a lot of debate in the city council and in the public related to regulation and operation of all of these rolling booze wagons.

14 minutes ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

Could be that the partiers provide the power during the tour then the company driver engages an electric to get it back to the barn.

Yup. That’s the drill. The operator doesn’t want to be on the opposite side of town when his passengers hit “done”.

23 hours ago, Blackwater 53393 said:

STUPID GENIUS!! They usually travel in a small section of the entertainment district where traffic is deliberately slowed or where it’s pedestrian only.  Other scenarios include tour routes where there are trolleys, open carriages, and slow running motorized party busses.  All of these conveyances are licensed, regulated, and taxed and are for profit operations.  They make a lot of money and some people think that they add to the atmosphere of the district. Again! They’re a taxable operation that adds revenue!!

You should remember that no one ever went broke underestimating the intelligence of the buying public!!

I’m just waiting for the pet rock to make a comeback 

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

1 hour ago, bgavin said:

2013.10.05-savannah-157.960pix.jpg

It looks a bit tricky to mount. 
But a breeze to dismount. Especially drunk.

Archived