SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Brass

I ordered 1,000 45 Colt cases from Starline yesterday.  They showed it was on backorder...I just got a tracking number.  Even if Starline says it's on back order,  they get it out pretty quick.

22 hours ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Ugh.   Well, after getting the scenarios for lasts year's WB match, and looking over the side matches, and keeping in mind that I am loading up for 4 shooters, I think I need another 800 pieces of brass.   

What have I gotten myself into?

Maybe I should check with the two guys who live in Arizona.   Maybe they can find me some brass and will be willing to defray the costs.

I have 100 I can spare send me your info. .When we meet again we can shake hands and you can tell me about your EOT trip. that is payment enough.

2 hours ago, Lucky Lead Pepper said:

I ordered 1,000 45 Colt cases from Starline yesterday.  They showed it was on backorder...I just got a tracking number.  Even if Starline says it's on back order,  they get it out pretty quick.

@H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619, I ordered some 45 Colt cases from Starline on 5/3 and received them today.  YMMV - but it can't hurt and they have the best prices and brass.

On 5/1/2022 at 4:18 PM, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Never mind bullets and primers.   Those I have been able to find.  But I can't find brass anywhere.  Neither new nor previously fired.   Anybody know where some .45 Colt brass can be found?

If you are not desperate, I would but in an order with Starline.  While they list it as Back Order, that seems to mean "Not In Inventory At The Moment".  I have talked to several pards that put in an order and got their back ordered delivery in just a couple of weeks.

It only $131.50 if you buy 500 (about $0.26 ea) and $226.00 if you buy 1000 (about $0.23 ea)

7 minutes ago, Dogmeat Dad, SASS #48563L said:

If you are not desperate, I would but in an order with Starline.  While they list it as Back Order, that seems to mean "Not In Inventory At The Moment".  I have talked to several pards that put in an order and got their back ordered delivery in just a couple of weeks.

It only $131.50 if you buy 500 (about $0.26 ea) and $226.00 if you buy 1000 (about $0.23 ea)

Given that reality, I think I'll give this a try.   

Although to be honest, various factors are making me think that the Warm Up Match for EoT that's held a couple of weeks earlier in Tombstone might be more realistic.  That is if they hold it again.  All a few months away of course.   A lot of it's gonna depend on when I get back to work and how much vacation time I can earn before mid January.  

We'll see what happens, I guess.

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Given that reality, I think I'll give this a try.   

Although to be honest, various factors are making me think that the Warm Up Match for EoT that's held a couple of weeks earlier in Tombstone might be more realistic.  That is if they hold it again.  All a few months away of course.   A lot of it's gonna depend on when I get back to work and how much vacation time I can earn before mid January.  

We'll see what happens, I guess.

Keep an eye out here:

https://nereloading.com/pistol-brass.html

They don’t have any now, but they get new inventory frequently and their bulk prices are good.

I use ammoseek.com to find ammo & reloading components.  A couple of months ago I was looking for 10mm & 350 Legend which I bought from vendors listed.  At the time last August when the CMP emailed that the Garand I ordered was on the way I tried to find M2 Ball or equivalent that wasn't Turkish surplus.  No one had any; so, I bought match ammo from the CMP which was backordered for a couple of months.  I was leery of Turkish surplus because I read in several places on the internet that 8mm Mauser blew up people's transferable German machine guns.  Later I learned the issue is only w/8mm Mauser.

P.S.  Current listing one clean fired @ 58 cents & two @ 60 cents & one @ 68 cents. OUCH!  

Archived