SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Brass

8 minutes ago, Tex Jones, SASS 2263 said:

Try opticsandammo.com.  Winchester 45 Colt $64.59/100.  Appears to be in stock.  As Abilene mentioned above, used brass can probably be found in the Classifieds.

Wow, even brass has gotten stupid. The last Starlines I bought was $23/100 !

15 minutes ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

If you don't mind used brass, I'm betting an ad in the Classifieds would get it.

This ^^^^^^^

27 minutes ago, Rip Snorter said:

How much do you need?

I'll take what I can get, but I'd like 300 cases.

Took a look on Gunbroker, and there is some there.   Once fired is the same price, or more, than new stuff!  (Or at least they are asking that.   Won't get a bid for me at that kind of a price.)

Some usually pops up in the classifieds over at castboolits.gunloads.com

Contact Echo Meadows. She has upwards of 15,000 once fired, cleaned 45 Colt brass that she want to sell.

echomeadows13@yahoo.com or text her at 605-390-3056

She was selling some at the Cowtown match on Sunday for $25 pre 200 and I'm sure she would work some bulk deals.

Johnny Meadows

Dad screwed up, she has 45 ACP brass.

Starline has it available for back order.

I have found that when it's listed that way and I ordered it I received the brass in about two weeks or less.
However Johnny Meadows posted a heck of a deal from Echo Meadows.

I typically find reasonable priced brass at an indoor range. Quality varies, but normally there are far more shooters than reloaders and they are just trying to get rid of it.

8 hours ago, Ya Big Tree said:

Starline has it available for back order.

I have found that when it's listed that way and I ordered it I received the brass in about two weeks or less.
However Johnny Meadows posted a heck of a deal from Echo Meadows.

Except the Johnny Meadows screwed up, she has 45 ACP brass.

1 hour ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

Has anyone else ever pronounced .45 A C P as .45 "ack-ip?"

No

H.K. Uriah, did you get what you needed?

Phew!  Saved from offering to send ya some! ;)

6 hours ago, Johnny Meadows,SASS#28485L said:

Except the Johnny Meadows screwed up, she has 45 ACP brass.

Maybe that explains why I didn’t get a response to my text message asking for some of that 45 Colt brass :lol:

Well, as it turns out, I don't have enough .45 Colt brass.

Let me explain.  I am hoping, once I've got my cancer treatment in the rear view mirror and get back to work, to be able to go to End of the Trail next year.   I have three friends who will go with me, so I have to load up enough ammo for all four of us to shoot.  (I've got enough guns.)  I've got a pretty good idea of what I need for just the main match, but when you factor in Wild Bunch and side matches, I am gonna need a lot more .45's and more shotgun rounds.   Shotgun ammo is not a problem.  Dad was a trap shooter, so I've got 1000's of AA's I can load, even if I do have to trim them back to 2.5" for use in a couple of my older guns.  (Unless I can find more Magtech brass, but that's not a necessity.)  I've also got more than enough .45 ACP brass, and once I know how many stages WB is, I'll know what I have to load.   To say nothing of side matches...

But, when all is said and done, I need more .45 Colt.   I got some Rip Snorter, (BIG THANK YOU SHOUT OUT) but when I started adding things up today, and tried to factor in WB and side matches, I realized the estimate of how much I needed was, well, underestimated.  :)  So, if anyone else who's been following this thread has some extra they are willing to sell, please let me know.   After I exhaust the help that you folks here can offer, (and I have to say that this has been a very pleasant thread with all the inquiries as to if I've found enough) I'll try the Wire Classified and keep haunting the websites of brass sellers.  I have to say though that with what I have found online for "used" brass and them asking just as much, and in some cases MORE, that what new brass lists for, well, I am hesitant to go down that road unless I really have to!

Thanks again to everyone who has asked if I've found what I needed.

Then you need more hundreds for local shoots. :lol:

Just now, Eyesa Horg said:

Then you need more hundreds for local shoots. :lol:

Nah.   This year, I'll be shooting .44-40, or .32-20, or .44 Special or even .44 Magnum at local shoots.  I have plenty of ammo ready to go in those calibers.  Maybe I'll even take out the original Spencer once or twice.   I just wanted all 4 of us to be shooting the same caliber at EoT so there was no chance of a mistake being made.   I was also planning on finally getting a 20 gauge SxS for local use this year to save the 12's.   But the one I wanted got sold out from under my nose.  Dang it all!

Wishing you the best with the cancer BS. Been there done that. Do you come up north at all to shoot? Would like to meet ya and maybe try out a Lightning for my shoulder issue!

13 minutes ago, Eyesa Horg said:

Wishing you the best with the cancer BS. Been there done that. Do you come up north at all to shoot? Would like to meet ya and maybe try out a Lightning for my shoulder issue!

I've been up to Dalton once in the first year I was shooting SASS.   It's a LONG hike from Bedford, Mass!   I'd be willing to come yo again someday.   Do you still do 2 day shoots?  When are you next coupla shoots?   I go into the Hospital next week on the 11th, and I'll be out of commission for the next 6 weeks.  After that... Who can say?

19 minutes ago, H. K. Uriah, SASS #74619 said:

I've been up to Dalton once in the first year I was shooting SASS.   It's a LONG hike from Bedford, Mass!   I'd be willing to come yo again someday.   Do you still do 2 day shoots?  When are you next coupla shoots?   I go into the Hospital next week on the 11th, and I'll be out of commission for the next 6 weeks.  After that... Who can say?

Dalton shut down a few years ago.:(. Ellie & I go over to Pemi in Holderness now and down to Candia a few times. Will surely be at Buzzard Boil in Connecticut in October. We don't typically get down to Mass., But need to do as to support those who support us. Would like to hit the Cape sometime as well. Again, Good Luck with your treatments and recovery. They do have a way of knocking ya down for a bit. EOT should be a blast, so to speak!

46 minutes ago, john brown said:

H.K.  How many more do you need for your trip?

Ugh.   Well, after getting the scenarios for lasts year's WB match, and looking over the side matches, and keeping in mind that I am loading up for 4 shooters, I think I need another 800 pieces of brass.   

What have I gotten myself into?

Maybe I should check with the two guys who live in Arizona.   Maybe they can find me some brass and will be willing to defray the costs.

Archived