SASS Wire Forum

WTB: Ruger Vaquero 44-40 stainless with a 7 1/2 inch Barrel.

Looking for a mate to my other Ruger Vaquero Stainless 44-40 with a 7 1/2-inch Barrel.

What ya got?

Rather than posting your response on here, message me with your answer.  We will keep it private.

• Frontier Lone Rider changed the title to WTB: Ruger Vaquero 44-40 stainless with a 7 1/2 inch Barrel.

I have the blue and CC models, but I now want a stainless one to match up with one I already have.

I have a matching pair in stainless, 7 1/2 inch, 45 LC, and a pair of 6 1/2 ich Black Hawks in 44 Magnum but now want one in 44-40 to use as the rifle with black powder at our Annual Charity Josey Wales Match.  We only shoot Wild Bunch once a year.

I aint smart and I aint tried this but always thought you might try a 44-40 cylinder in a 44 mag gun to see how it fits my guess is it would fit and I had a pair of 44-40 gun but never tried one in my 44mag gun.  There are lots of 44mag guns out 71/2 barrel.  I have an extra maybe two if I looked hard

I have never tried that.

I have a pair of blued American Regulators made by Uberti that came with two cylinders.  One for 44-40 and the other one will fire 44 Mag and 44 Special.  I don't know what they might have done to ensure that everything will work.

That is something to think about.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived