SASS Wire Forum

Anybody have a Rossi Gallery 22?

I want a 22 pump. I should have bought one of the old Rossi gallery rifles 30 years ago when they were always on sale at Big 5. 
does anybody have one of the new Rossi Gallery rifles? What do you think? Any jamming problems?

I know the Henry pump is most likely a better rifle, but it is also twice the cost and is  and has been out of stock for a long while. 

I've shot a few Rossi 62's (and even a reeeally sweet Taurus stainless steel 62), and found 'em all to be pretty decent knockoffs of the fabled Winchester Model 62.  A mite stiff when new, but break in quickly and function well.

The Kid has an early Winchester 1890 (.22 short) and a 1950's vintage Winchester 62 that I gave him for an eighth grade graduation present.  He loves 'em... and even lets me shoot 'em from time to time.  If I stumbled across a Rossi 62, I'd grab it up quickly.  Used ones are MUCH more affordable than original Winchesters - and just as much fun.

ROSSI 62

image.jpeg.7181319c8facd8e81cd928026e842b90.jpeg

Winchester 1890 & 62

image.thumb.jpeg.d973e096505fa9838e7259dcfb2bc7e3.jpeg

I have one with the 18” bbl, never jams and is very accurate, it’s in the back of one of my safes, bought it many years ago when they first came out.

I won a Taurus Model 62 at a club giveaway about 15 years ago. Never had any problem with it. No jams or failure to fire (other than crap Remington ammo). Pretty accurate also unless you are just holding the trigger and slam firing it. When slam firing , it you can dump the entire mag in about 3 seconds mol.

When looking for a type 62, don't hesitate on an older Taurus...it's a pretty good gun.

I got a factory engraved one for Christmas in the early 80’s. Can’t begin to even guess how many 1000,s of rounds I put through it. Don’t ever remember having any problems with it until it got really dirty, cleaning solved the problem.  Dad got himself one at the same time, not as many rounds through it but it always ran fine also.  Don’t know about the new ones but no issues with the older models. 
LF. 

Never had a rossi, but I got a Winchester 62a for my 13th birthday and taught my 8 year old daughter how to shoot with it. Now she has her own that she got when her grandfather passed away.

Archived